27

It takes some time, a few minutes, for the power to settle down enough for Dara to begin her tale. "I won't say when, but this did happen several centuries ago. Things were different back then and what was wrong then and what is considered wrong now aren't always the same thing. So, please, don't judge what you are about to hear too harshly?" Stephanie can practically feel Dara begging her with this request.

"I will do my best to not judge at all, but, I am only human and fail myself at the worst possible times." Stephanie does her best to reassure the vampire female, but wants to make it clear that she can't promise her what she wants.

Dara gives her a weak smile once she retakes her chair opposite of Stephanie.

Tracey lifts Stephanie up and seats her on his lap and holds her loosely before giving her little kisses along her throat.

"Tracey, stop it! I need to be able to concentrate on Dara and her story."

Tracey pulls away reluctantly at her words. "He needs to be with you sexually, it is hurting him not having been so and you have been with all your other consorts." Dara tells her, to help her father out.

"It doesn't bother you that he is being like that with me?" Stephanie is intrigued by the lack of jealousy the vampire female has.

Dara smiles at her oathed liege, "No, Stephanie, why would I be upset that he wishes to be sexual with his first wife? Vampires are very sexual creatures as I know it was explained to you. Even had I been chosen as his beloved or first wife, I wouldn't feel jealousy at his showing of his need for you. You are newly bonded and he needs to strengthen that bond. You will need to be with him soon, the longer he goes without being with you the more it will hurt him."

Stephanie, pauses not having known that, she frowns, she doesn't want any of her mates to hurt. "Should we reschedule then?"

Dara is thrilled that Stephanie was willing to change her schedule to make sure that Tracey wouldn't hurt. Not all would be so willing, not when it came to vampires. Many consider vampires to be the scourge of the supernaturals, the mafia if you will and would rather kill them than make their life easier.

Dara's smile is therefore absolutely brilliant when she tells Stephanie, "No, but after I'm done, you won't be able to put it off much longer without him getting to the point of losing control."

"Very well, if you are sure. Go ahead, Dara and tell me, or rather us," all her consorts were now in the room with them. "Your story," Stephanie's voice is warm, but a little distracted as Tracey is drawing with his fingers on  her skin.

"My story begins, well at least the part of me and Tracey crossing paths, when I was still in an orphanage." Dara goes on to tell her story. "The only home I ever knew was the home where unwanted children were sent. Perhaps I had parents, but I never knew who they were if I did. The head of the so called home wasn't very nice. For the children that he favored and allowed him favors, he gave them back. They were given extra portions of food, new clothes and not just ragged cast offs, of those that he favored the most he would even buy them toys that they didn't have to share.

"He creeped me the hell out so I would always stay as far away from him as possible. If I was ever forced to be near him for any length of time, I would be sick for hours afterwards. 

"One of the things he was supposed to do was arrange for apprenticeships and jobs for those of us that lived there. And he would, for those that he favored. But since I would refuse him he never did for me. On  the day I aged out he called me into his office and told me that I needed to leave within the hour since I had reached an age to fend for myself.

Dara sniffs in disdain."Fend for myself? Right. At that time only the rich had any kind of schooling and the majority of jobs required apprenticeships. I had none and could find no work. I tried at the taverns and pubs, but they turned me down. Not because of my looks, I already had a woman's body, and I had already received my monthly flow. No, it was because of my age, I was too short and weak. 

"Every where else I turned it was either the same or you needed to be apprenticed. The headman had always listened before when I had told him no, but that time he didn't listen. So I was not only desperate for a job, but hurting as well."

Stephanie, and she can feel her consorts react as well, to those words. Even Tracey, although he had known the story before. She can feel his anger at those long dead people.

"I was young and didn't understand that I should also be worried about a baby being planted inside me. But, at least I was spared that worry. Although, I knew that no honest man would want me now that another had taken what wasn't his to take.

"I resigned myself, by that evening that there was only one option left to me. I had no idea how to be a whore, but I would have no choice.

"Everyone there knew where to find them and there were more than a few. It was a port town and although we weren't a favored port of call, the town did have a busy life with the sailors.

"I went to the street that the whores are to be found on. Of course the best locations were already taken by the more worldly females. When I saw that they were wearing or rather not wearing it made me sick. All I had was the one dress that was slightly too big for me and more than a little worn in places, the fabric was see through. But those ladies, some had their tits almost out of their dresses if they were wearing dresses, some were just wearing their shifts.

"I was sick, they were confident in themselves and what they were doing. They were showing more of themselves than I could ever even imagine myself doing. Some of them would not just make suggestive words or actions, but they would press themselves against the males that they wished to be with or attract.

"I was nearly ready to turn tail and run when I spotted Tracey. Fuck, he was just like a lantern to me, practically glowing while at the same time he seemed to be covered in shadows. I was absolutely fascinated by him. He walked by the other whores and they never even looked at him, nor did he look at them. I couldn't understand it, why would they let someone so obviously wealthy and damn good looking pass by with out making any effort to catch his attention?

"The nearer he came, I thought I knew the answer to that question. He was dangerous, I could feel the predator in him and it made me shrink away. I edged back into the shadows and tripped over, I have no idea what. The next thing I know, Tracey is there offering his hand to help me up."

Dara pauses in her narrative, Tracey takes over. "She shouldn't have been able to see me I was under the same spell I used last night when I brought Steven to you. She is the first and only human to see me when I used that spell.

"I was curious as to how she did it. Then when I saw her, I felt the need to feed. I could tell that she was young, innocent, or perhaps not completely, but mostly and it made me even more curious. I gave her my blood and some money besides, she hadn't given me a price, but I didn't care. I doubted that she would have any expertise and so I wasn't expecting much.

"After making sure that she had some of my blood I could feel the relief coursing through her and knew then that someone had harmed her. I was less then pleased about that. Then, once I knew that she was clean from my blood, lust took over. It was the first time since my infancy as a vampire that lust took over. 

"I over estimated how much blood I could take from her. She was dying, I had no desire to kill her and although I had never done so, I took a chance and tried turning her. I was still young myself and so the chances weren't great that I would be able to do so. Once I forced my blood into her I picked her up and took her home.

"I bathed her and set her in my bed, then took up vigilance to see if she would become my child or if I would need to discard her body. The more I looked at her, the more I needed, not wanted but needed, her to make the change.

"By the following evening, I had about given up hope that she would make the change." Tracey is unable to continue as his emotions overtake him.

Dara picks up the story, and although they all know that she survived they are glued to the story.