Chapter 10

•••

Evie came back at Sam's place. Everyone was there but Leah, Seth nad Jacob. The latter was probably talking to Bella and Seth was studying. He was home-schooled. Sam thought that it would be better in that way. Seth was still young and it was too dangerous to let him go to school being a shifter. When she entered the house, Evie went straight to sat on the couch.

"Where's Leah?" She asked in a monotonous tone. She was still not that close with her fellow pack members. They tried to give her space and time but it seems to not working.

"She left. Probably wandering in the woods," Quil said.

"You're not asking where Jacob is?" Paul teasing asked. Evie frowned and looked at him. What was he trying to do? Did he thought that she didn't know where he was? Or was it a way to get closer to her?

"With Bella, why?" She asked back making the others but Paul chuckled. Seems like Paul plan to annoy Evie turned out differently.

"Seriously, how do you do that?" He said, frowning. "How aren't angry or mad that he is with her? Yet alone loves her? He's your imprint." Evie sighed. She thought that it was already cleared.

"We're not lovers," she simply but efficiently said.

"But he's your soulmate," Paul pointed out.

"Soulmates are not necessarily lovers," Evie pointed out too.

"Yes but in the imprinting case, it is," Evie sighed. That conversation started to get on her nerves. She wasn't in love with Jacob. He was her imprint, yes, but she was his protector.

"Do you have an imprintee, Paul?" Evie asked, confusing him.

"No but-"

"Then shut up," Evie cut him off and left the house. She could hear him groaned and the other laughing.

Evie came back home and stayed in her room. Her mom was in the living room and Seth was studying. Since she had joined the pack, Evie is either sitting alone on the couch at Sam's place or in her room. At school, she was the pack too but still kept her distance. Even though she was almost always with them, she managed to stay alone. She just didn't felt at her place with them. There was always something wrong. She always felt that there was something wrong. Being with them all of a sudden after a year of being ignored wasn't right.

And talking about school, a month ago, there was the internships for Columbia University and Chicago University. Obviously Evie didn't go. Her home teacher was quite disappointed. She knew it would have been very helpful to Evie. But according to the latter, she had personal problems to fix so she couldn't go. It was what Evie had told her home teacher and the universities.

When Leah came back home, she briefed Seth about what happened. Thanks to her super hearing, Evie heard everything. When Leah went patrolling with Jacob, Jared and Sam, her head were filled with Jacob's thoughts which pissed her off. Apparently, he argued with Bella and told him something he regreted. Bella would become a vampire after graduation which meant in a month. He was so angry that he told her he'd rather see her dead. Pretty harsh and cruel. So after, during patrol, he kept feeling bad and apologising for what he said.