Chapter 12

•••

•••

"Did Jacob apologise?" Leah asked her younger sister as they were walking in the woods. They were going to Sam's place, as the usual. It was the meeting place of the pack. At this point, it became a second of for them. "He didn't do anything weird to you, right?" She added making Evie laughed. She was being the overprotective sister again.

"Yes, he apologised and no, he didn't do anything weird," Evie answered her sister with a smile, reassuring Leah who nodded.

"Good," Leah said. "So, and now?" she then asked, referring to Evie's and Jacob's relationship.

"Now what?" Evie asked, confused. "We're still each other's protectors. Nothing had changed," Leah looked at her sister for a moment. She didn't believe her at all. Leah knew her sister and Jacob. She saw them growing up.

"Just protectors?"Leah almost scoffed. It even almost made her laugh. It told how stupid what Evie said was. "I mean, I know you, Evie. I know you loved him,"

"Liked," Evie corrected and Leah just rolled her eyes. Love or like at the end of the day, Evie had feelings for Jacob. "I got over it now," For a long time, Evie had a crush on Jacob a few years ago. She liked him for maybe two years. But they were best friends, Evie didn't want to ruin everything. She didn't want things to become awkward between them. Besides, Jacob loved Bella. He was seeing her and her only. No one else. So, she just buried her feelings for him to the point that she got over him. But did she for real? They didn't talk for a year. They grew apart during that period. A lot was happening in Evie's life and she kept holding her feelings. But now that she was free. Now that things went back to what they were. What did she really felt for Jacob? What were her true feelings for him? Did she love him like a friend? Or did she loved him in a romantic way? Did she really wanted to be his protector? A part of her was okay with it. But the other wasn't quite sure. The other part didn't know.

"Soulmates are not always lovers"

"I agree with that but in the imprinting case, it is"

Evie remembered her conversation with Paul. What if he was right? Was he? Sam and Emily were in love. Jared and Kim were too. Only Jacob and her weren't. Was it normal? Were they meant to be in love? If fate chose them, it was for a reason, right? Was love the reason? Or was it not? Evie didn't know. She was lost. A year ago, she was sure that she didn't feel anything for Jacob. But now, was it the same? Did she feel something for him? Yes, she cared for him. And she cared for him even more because of the imprinting. But was it love or just platonic?

"Huh? You did? Are you sure? Because I think otherwise," The oldest Clearwater raised one of her eyebrows. She wasn't believing a word of what her younger sister had just said. "Every time you had the chance to spend time with Jacob or even just text him, you would take it and had the biggest smile. I've been in love, I know what it looks like Evie,"