Ch.1: Some Big Changes

(Cover Art by MimiNicolette )

It was a beautiful day outside. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Yes, not even Cloud Guy was disturbing the peace. Today was the perfect day to start making preparations for the upcoming celebration!

Two years after Titus and I became the official rulers of Trollstopia, the council of harmony discussed the idea of an annual celebration to be held on the day the strings were destroyed. Titus and I thought it was a great idea, and before I knew it, we were preparing for the first ever Harmony Holiday!

On this day, all of the troll tribes will join together outside Harmony castle and celebrate our unity by learning more about the other tribes' music and dance to their songs. I was so excited that I'd finally get to share my knowledge with every troll that I could hardly contain myself!

Although, I had to admit, deep down I was a bit paranoid. Such a celebration has never existed before, obviously, and I constantly worried that this whole plan could quickly turn chaotic at any given moment. I tried to push this bad feeling away, and it worked for the time being...

But, just two weeks before the party, I had a nightmare...you already know about it...and now I was even more paranoid than before.

I tried my best not to show it, though. I had more pressing matters at hand. Besides, like Titus said, it was just a dream. It didn't mean anything.

I snapped out of my deep thoughts and looked down at my clipboard through my reading glasses. Every troll leader, along with a few other volunteers from the Pop and Techno kingdoms, had a role assigned to them, and most of them were already hard at work on the front lawn.

Poppy and Essence were in charge of food prep.

Barb and Katheryn were on special effects duty.

Trollex and Branch took on the roles of light and sound operators.

Quincy and Delta Dawn were going to set up the stage once the blueprints were finished.

Trollzart was in charge of making sure all the tribes' instruments were in tip-top shape.

And Titus and I were in charge of the music, monitoring everything, and making sure nothing went wrong and nobody got hurt...even though Barb made that last part a bit difficult to do.

She would purposely go out of her way to either scare Trollex or pick a fight with him. It was getting annoying, but so far, Trollex hasn't complained about it to me, so I guess that's just how the two of them bond...

...Or something...

Jeez, now I'm starting to sound like Barb's fiance...

I continued to look down the list as I spotted the names of the volunteers. There were three techno trolls and three pop trolls helping out. The techno trolls were all in charge of decorating the pavilion, while the pop trolls volunteered to design the blueprints for the stage.

Two of the techno trolls were currently hauling all of their supplies over, while the other one was...somewhere around here. Only one of the pop trolls was here as well. She was sleeping under a tree with a notebook on her lap, since the other two weren't here yet.