02

As soon as she reached the comfort of her van, Luna dropped the act that was now her life. The Darling of the Press persona she had built for the last three years of her career was long gone.

Luna was adamant about taking the role in the movie, The Bucket List. But her father had been such a pain in the neck for the last three months, and with her mother tagging along with his persistent attempt to persuade the poor her, Luna finally gave in.

There's nothing wrong with the story itself, the script was pretty decent, and the cast and crew were some of the names that she actually liked to work with. The story was quite promising, but still, it also brought back seven years' worth of pain and suffering that she wasn't confident enough to go through all over again.

"You, okay Babe?" France Miller, her best friend-manager-driver-and-stylist-in-one was looking worriedly at her from the rear-view mirror. Luna would just shrug him off on normal days, but she had lost all the will to do so, at least for today. It was hard enough for her to finish the script reading without bawling her eyes out for everyone to see how crazy Luna Cooper could be. If it wasn't for France watching over her during the entire thing, Luna would have lost it from the beginning.

"I'm fine France, nothing a wine cannot fix," she lied without batting an eye, fully aware that no amount of alcohol could stop the pain that she had been suffering for the last seven years.

The ride back home was filled with silence, mostly because Luna needed the rest after mentally exhausting herself from all the play pretend that she had to do all day. Seven years ago, Luna left San Diego with her family. Running away from the things that hurt her, as she started a new life in Seattle with her grandmother. Contrary to her hopes, Seattle was a total nightmare for her. And after another year of suffering, Luna ended up in Los Angeles with her best friends, France and Lexus, and her brother Caleb.

And five years later, Luna debuted in the entertainment industry thanks to France who uploaded a clip of her doing theater. In her defense, she was just playing along with France, his club was doing a skit for an event at UCLA, and Luna who just started her first year in business management, happened to be in the right place at the right time, and the rest was history.

"Babe we're home," the car stopped in front of a large white house that the three of them bought three years ago.

A two-hectare land with a front row view of Lake Elsinore, the two-story white house settled in the middle of a vast greenery, decorated with mixed colored tulips, an old and huge sycamore tree covering almost half of the entire property. It was a spectacle straight out of a Nicholas Sparks novel, and Luna loved everything about it. She could still remember how difficult it was for the three of them to acquire such property without much of a big savings on their bank. Lexus had to sell his truck and France had to put his shop for rent for a while to cover most of their expenses, it was one of the reasons why Luna accepted the role in the movie Going Home. Luckily, things turned out for the better, after a year in Hollywood, Luna's net worth can now cover their living expenses and pay for the remaining balance of their property in full.

"Babe we're home!" Her voice reverberating in every corner of their living room, the sound of a door creaking followed by a soft thud, the tall man walked out of the first room on the right corner of the house, Lexus walked with a lazy grin plastered on his face, completely barefooted, looking disheveled and messy in his yellow and pink pajamas. It was late in the afternoon and yet the man looked like he just rolled out of his bed.

The resident bulldog followed behind him, wagging its small tail at the sight of her. Seeing the black fur baby, Luna's lips stretched in a genuine smile for the first time in days, lowering herself to welcome Cheetos in her arms.