two

Hania got up really late. Well it was only 8:30 in the morning but for a newly wed woman and as her official first day as the badi bahu of the khaandaan, this was abomination.

She should have finished preparing the menu for lunch by now, and here she is decadently entwined with her husband's wickedly perfect body. Oh the things this body did to her! It was raising her temperature and she now needed a cold shower!

Well the books were wrong. Even girls need cold showers, and it's not something that's gender assigned! Go feminism. She mentally laughed at her wild train of thoughts.

She carefully disentangled herself almost against her will and strode to the ensuite. Getting ready she ran out of the room but not before waking up her shohar! Dayum, that feels so good to say out loud.

The first person she saw was Eshal, that means her family is here with the ceremonial breakfast. She hoped that they didn't forget to bring chhole naan. She can go without seeing her family for a day but not without food.

Hania was engulfed in a bear hug by her mama and Bhabhi. Her bhabhi despite being the daughter of the house was a bahu here first and she aspired to follow her example of  balancing all her relationships.

The kids clung to their Phupho after missing her for one whole night! They were very attached to her as she pampered them the most. Even more than their father.

"Phupho? Nani House? Why?" Their broken speech was quite synchronized. They were confused to see their Phupho in their Nani's house. Why was she not at home and giving them choco shake!!

"Phupho is Musa Mamu's wife now sweetheart. She's your Mami too and she now stays with your Mamu!" This came from Musa who had come down rolling up his white kurta sleeves.

With the pakhtuni salwar kameez, wild untamable curls and his eyes full of love, could her husband be anymore handsome! Masha Allah, kisi ki nazar na lage mere shohar ko, Hania mused.

"Assamaikum Mamu! Hum daadijaan aur Daadajaan aur Hadi chachu aur mama aur baba aur Sharif Uncle aur aur ..." They ranted the names of all the members that had come with them along with their driver and maids.

According to Hanzal, the adults tagged along on their trip to Nani House and not the other way round. They were absolutely hilarious. The Behroz and Zohaib effect!

" I know baby. Thank you for getting them with you. Humne unhe bohot miss kiya!" Duaa cooed at her grandson gathering him in her arms.

Mirhan was just content in Rayyan's arms not wanting to waste too much energy because their Zoh Mamu had said they had new toys for them. Hanzu was just stupid!

" Musa, issne zyada pareshaan toh nahi kiya na? Kiya bhi hoga toh hum isse wapas nahi le jayenge" Hadi joked which earned him a stern look from his father, an ear twist from his mother and a high five from Shahveer and the older twins! Pagalon ki toli murmured Bakhtiyaar under his breath.

" Hammad Bhai, hum kal yateem khana jaa rahe hai, aap kahe toh Hadi Bhai ke asli maa baap ka pata lagaye? Ye aapko adopted nahi lagte? Inme toh ek bhi koi Khan wali baat nahi hai" Hania was not one to silently endure. She gave back as good as she got!

" Mama yaar, dekho na. Shaadi ho gayi hai iski par bachkaani harkatein khatam nahi hui. Musa, ab ye bhai tumhari musibat hai, tum jhelo isse." Hadi whined to his mother and brother in law.

" Hadi Hania, tameez se. Zyada bakwaas ki toh ek thappad padega. Chup kar ke nashta karo." Hammad silenced them once and for all.
" Aur Hadi, kal raat kaun ro raha tha kitchen me icecream khate hue?" He asked him, making him bow down his head in embarrassment.
He missed his sister, a lot.

" Aww Bhai, I missed you too! Ab laaye mere chhole, aur ye naan bhi wapas kare. Mama aapko ghar par bana degi aur. Ye sab mera hai. Aur zara wo bakarkhani bhi pass kare. Bhukkad kahi ke, mere khane par nazar rakhte hue aapko sharam nahi aayi." She scowled at him.

" Begum, mere saale sahab ko khane do. Hum aur banwa lege. Now eat." Musa reprimanded her.

" Musa control your woman. Abhi se itni dheel doge toh ye sar par chad kar mujra karegi. Bata raha hu main. I'm speaking from 19 years of experience." Hadi shuddered in mock horror.

The pagalon ki toli just guffawed at that and Furqaan finally decided to intervene. He was the strictest amongst them all.
" Bass, bohot hua. Chup kar ke khana khao sab."

The breakfast ended with the kids bickering despite warnings from the elders and ultimately they gave up. It was impossible to control these jungli jaanwars!

After spending the day with them, the Khans bade the Hamdaanis good bye with a promise to meet again after the reception. It was more like a picnic plan by the lake side down the hill. Musa wanted to show off their estate to his wife.

The reception was held the next day and was finally wrapped up with great pomp. That marked the end of all the wedding rituals and ceremonies. They could at last begin the most important part of marriage. The honeymoon!

" Bhai, hum toh aapko bohot hi seedha samajhte the. Aap toh Romeo nikle. Not bad Bhai, not bad at all." Shahveer clapped Musa on his back at the airport with pride. Hania just blushed at their open mocking.

" Zyada zubaan mat chalao, tumhara pocket money band karwa dunga. Aur jo projects ke naam par mujhse paise lete ho wo bhi chachu ko bata dunga" Musa threatened them.

" Na kare Bhai aisa. Humari rozi roti par laat na maarey. Gareebo ki dua lagegi aapko." Behroz begged him and Zohaib caught his legs for a dramatic effect.

" Ye overacting ki dukaan band karo apni aur izzat se zara. Airport par hai hum sab, ghar nahi hai ye, utho. Bakhtiyaar ke pass diye hai kuch paise. Aur chahiye toh ussi se bheek maangna. Wo toh dene se raha"  Musa snickered.

" Isse acha toh na hi dete. Wo kanjus toh khud ek extra chocolate na khilaye, humara kharcha paani toh band hai samjho. Chal Bhai Zoh, ab mama ke saamne hi haath failate  hai." Behroz started his drama.

" Aur kamino main? Main kya chachi se paise lete hua acha lagunga. Mera khudka bhai makhi choos hai, mera kya hoga?  Moosy Bhai....na jaaye. Yahi neeche valley me kothi hai waha hi honeymoon Mana le. Bhabhi please aap inhe samjhaye!" Shahveer fake cried. Bakhtiyaar smacked him on the back of his head having enough of his drama.

" Bas karo bandaro. Ye lo mera card. Aur zyada udne ki zarurat nahi hai,  Debit card hai. Ek mahine ke liye kaafi hai. Aur sabka khayal rakhna. Zyada tang na karna sabko."

Musa hugged each of his brothers, kissed his parents and Chachu Chachi and waited for his wife to finish doing the same. They were going to Europe. Their first stop was London with a layover in Paris. It was going to be an exciting month!

They boarded the plane after a teary goodbye on his wife's front. Itna toh wo apni rukhsathi par bhi nahi royi thi jitna aaj apne susraal walo se juda hookar ro rahi hai. She was so innocent and precious and all his!