Chapter 23🍁

You didn't know where you were going, you just let your feet take you wherever it wanted to as you ran and ran until you reached the end of the hallway. You saw the door and opened it harshly. Cool breeze flew making your hair as black as the night blow gently. You started panting heavily as you tried to grasp as much air as you can.
Why the hell did I even run from there?! You thought to yourself as you banged your fist through the wall.

"Woahhh Y/n, you okay?" You turned towards the voice and saw Eunwoo standing there with a worried expression plastered on his face.

"Yeah, I'm fine...." You said as you looked to him and then towards the sky. You noticed that there were no stars to be seen and the night was as dark as pure black. The dark clouds spread all over, covering the sky and half of the moon indicating that it's going to rain heavily tonight. The cool breeze which was flowing made you shiver as you felt goosebumps rise on your arms.

"You don't look so good? Tell me, if something is bothering you. Why did you come running over here?" You noticed concern in his voice so you decided to tell him.

"I...I don't know. I mean I was dancing with Jeon right now, and h--he said that he is in love with me and t-then he was about to kiss me but I don't know what got on me that I pushed him and ran away from there....I don't know...I guess I freaked out or it was alcohol...I don't know what happened to me back there." You told him everything.

"Calm down Y/n, come sit here." You two sat on the floor.

"Now answer me simply, you told me, you and Jungkook are childhood friends.....right?" You nodded your head in agreement.

"He has always been there for you, whenever you needed him....right?" You again agreed with him.

" He said that he is in love with you. So, what about you?? D-Do you love.....him?"

You looked at Eunwoo and slowly nodded your head in agreement again.
Something in Eunwoo's eyes told you that he was not much satisfied with your answer but he instantly looked away stopping you from reading him further.

"Y-yeah okay...then what is the problem?"

"I just....I am afraid that if our relationship doesn't work then, what's gonna happen...I feel that we'll not be friends like before...and it will shatter me in every possible ways. I can't imagine Jeon, not in my life. And I know, I must've hurt him before coming here because I pushed him away and ran...I'm so stupid!!" You said as a tear trickled down your cheeks.

"No Y/n, you are not stupid. Listen to me, if you love him then there's no one stopping you. And why do you think that it will not end well? You have to at least give it a try because you know what...I've seen the love in his eyes for you. When you were dancing with him, he looked at you as if you were the only person in that hall and the only most important to him. He loves you and I should tell you something....when a guy loves a girl, he'll do anything for her.... anything even if it is to let her go....he'll let her go if she doesn't love him."

You comprehended his words and thought about all the things Jungkook has done for you. All the things he sacrificed for you. He was always there whenever you needed him. You thought of how you two enjoyed each other's company more than anything in this world.

You always had this weird but a good feeling whenever he looked at you like you meant him more than a friend, like something more.

And, today you saw the love in his eyes, which he had for you for a long time. You saw his eyes, asking to see you, only you; the longing only for you.
With that, you stood up from the floor.