Pt. 1 | NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN

<|Hashira complex|>

<|Tanjiro POV|>

"Get up."

"GET UP!"

"Hey!"

"Hey you!"

"How long are you gonna sleep?! Get up already, would ya?!"

"You're in the presence of the Hashira!"

My eyes fluttered open, taking in my surroundings. There were people looking down at me. I saw Tomioka. There was also a man with a jeweled headband and an odd starburst mark on his left eye. Another man whose red & orange hair looked like fire. Two more men; one whose hair faded from black to light teal, the other had blank eyes and an excess of beaded necklaces. Then there were the women. I saw the woman from the forest, Shinobu, I believe. And two other ladies. One whose hair was Sakura colored at the top and faded green in the middle. She looked like she'd been dressed by a perv. The other had black hair, incredibly tan skin and a flame mark on her forehead. She was strangely familiar.

The male Hashira conversed loudly among themselves, talking about how best to stylishly lop off my and Nezuko's heads. The tan woman just looked at the males in disgust. The other two women talked with each other about nothing in particular. My eyes darted frantically around the courtyard, searching desperately for Inosuke or Zenitsu. My train of thought was broken by a man wearing a mask who was perched in a tree. A snake coiled around his neck.

"Forget about him. What are we doing about Tomioka?" He hissed "Kocho says he broke corps rules too. What shall we do about this. How shall he take responsibility? What price shall he pay? Right now he's just wandering around freely, and that gives me a headache."

"The reason he still alive, Iguro," interrupts the tan woman, her voice dripping with scorn "Is because we need a water pillar. If we were to kill him, who would take his place? This boy? Surely you are not a stupid as you look."

The man in the mask sputtered, apparently at a loss for words. Shinobu intervened.

"We needn't worry about him. He came along without a fight. I'm more interested in questioning the boy. We can consider a suitable punishment later." She said, smiling.

"Here. Drink some water. Your jaw is hurt, so drink slowly... Then you can talk," Shinobu said to me "It contains a painkiller, so you'll feel better. Your wound hasn't healed, So don't overdo it."

My breathing steadied and I was able to speak.
"My sister was turned into a demon, but she hasn't eaten any human flesh! She hasn't, and she won't. Nezuko would never hurt anyone!" I exclaimed

"Stop spewing such nonsense," the man named Iguro hissed "I don't trust anything anyone says, and I especially don't trust you. She's your sister! Of course you'll protect her!"

"You, of all people, are not allowed to say that." The familiar woman said. I swear I knew her from somewhere!

"Aww... he's possessed by a demon. Hurry up and kill this child to set him free." The crying, blank eyed man said.

"Please, hear me out! I became a swordsman so that I could protect Nezuko!" I cried "it's been more than two years since she became a demon! And all that time, she hasn't bitten anyone!"

"This conversation is just spinning in circles," said flashy man "She hasn't bitten anyone? And she isn't going to? Just words! Show me! Impress me!"