Chapter fifteen

Nik and I walked calmly through the forest, the 'Mystic Falls gang' was behind us, should we need the assist, which we won't.

We stepped into the pack's camp boundary, the werewolves snapped to action, immediately growling.

"Aw how cute" I grinned at them, the pack looked to me in confusion. "They're adorable Nik, too bad they all have to die" I let go of my husband's hand in preparation for the fight.

"We have plenty of werewolves where we come from love, this pack doesn't matter much" he responded.

"On three?" I glanced over at him to receive a nod.

"Wait" a man who looked like he was their leader stepped up, getting closer to us but far enough away to create a boundary. "You're the original hybrid, and you're his wife" he nodded in respect. "I am the silver moon pack's alpha, one of our own accidentally bit a vampire the pack holds in high regard, and we need your help, we only kidnapped the blonde one to get your attention, but we seek no war with you"

Smart werewolf.

"And why would I give you my blood?" Klaus gave an amused look to me, while holding out his hand, the other was shoved into his pocket.

I took it, moving closer to him. "we've heard tales of you providing mercy on this town, please help us" the alpha continued. I heard a few scoffs from behind us.

"Give the alpha some blood Nik, and then we can go home" I held on to his arm.

"When was your vampire bitten?" Nik questioned.

"Two days ago" the young alpha answered "we bit the blonde earlier today"

"How? The full moon was two nights ago, and I'd sense it if you were hybrids" I shifted on my feet. There was something they weren't telling us.

The werewolves glanced at each other, most of them now looked nervous. Now I was definitely suspicious.

"we were kind of hoping this distraction would bring the entire original family, but you'll just have to do" the alpha looked scared when he was suddenly rushed against a tree.

"What distraction?" Klaus demanded.

"What you're planning is wrong!" the man spit out. He's brave, standing up to Nik. "We were sent to seperate the siblings and then take the werewolf"

"I'm calling 'lijah" I pulled out my phone. A werewolf tried to come at me, but Damon stepped in, and broke his neck.

I hurriedly clicked on Elijah's contact, listening to it ring. "Hello?" He answered.

"Hayley is in danger, get her out of there, the house is about to be overrun by werewolves who want her" I replied through the phone, he hung up, presumably to save the pregnant werewolf.

"Your mission failed, we'll leave one alive to tell whoever started this, that Hayley will not leave our care, not until my child is born" Nik broke the werewolf alpha's neck, and we sped around, tearing out hearts.

Stefan went inside the tent, the one where they said Caroline was kept, and came out, carrying a blonde. "Thank you" he said. "They told us she was dying" her neck showed a particularly nasty bite mark.

"At least they were honest about that" I shrugged, watching as Nik dragged a werewolf by his collar. "How did they even bite her?" I questioned.

Nik suddenly stopped, smelling the air. "Tyler Lockwood, don't make this more embarrassing for yourself, come out" he yelled.

A tent flap opened, a boy with onyx colored hair stepped out, his hands raised in surrender. "You were going to make another hybrid army, I couldn't let that happen" Ah, this one must be one of Nik's hybrids.

"Now how am I to do that Tyler? Elena is a vampire, I have no means to do it" Nik snapped, the werewolf he was holding tried to get out of his grip so he snapped his neck.

"As if you didn't know, your baby can make hybrids" Tyler snarked, folding his arms, I looked to my husband.

"How do you even know that was his intention Tyler?" I folded my arms.

"Because I know Klaus, and who are you? His latest hyrbid slave?" He raised an eyebrow.

Shooting a glance over at Nik, I shook my head slightly. "The baby wolf thinks he knows everything, how adorable, Niklaus happens to be my husband and takes great offense to disrespect towards me" I rolled my eyes at his accusation "I'm an original darling, show a little respect"

"No way, we know all the originals, you aren't one of them. Besides who would ever marry a monster like him?" he denied.

I rolled my eyes again, Klaus looked about ready to rip everyone's heads off.

Deciding that keeping Nik's temper at bay was most important, I walked over to him, and caught his arm, my touch helping to relax him. "My story is over a thousand years old, Nik and I were separated when you met him, and I suppose it was a bit of a sore subject among the siblings, so disrespect me again and I'll kill you all, or I'll let Nik do it"

Nik picked me up bridal style, ready to speed away from everyone. "Wait" Stefan called "please, just heal Caroline" He pleaded.

My husband set me on the ground properly, walking over to the unconscious blonde. "This is my last favor for you Stefan Salvatore, consider our friendship terminated." He bit into his wrist, placing it on the girl's mouth and allowing her to drink his blood for a minute before pulling away. "Good bye old friend"

He walked over to me picking me up again and speeding off.