Chapter 15: Lost and found

Chapter fifteen: Lost and found (Ellie's POV)

I entered the cafeteria and saw that Zach was staring around the place as if he were looking for someone while I walked over there.

"There you are," he stood up and walked over to me.

"Here I am," I replied, slightly confused as to what was going on.

"I forgot to tell you, I have practice today."

Are you freaking kidding me?

If he would've told me that in the morning then I could have just gone and grabbed my car on the way, but he's telling me now? When he's my only way home and to the grocery store?

"Where does that leave me?" I asked while heading to the table.

"You can either go with Spencer, he's free to take you, or you can wait till after my practice is done," he said, "Spencer lives near Brett anyway," he shrugged.

I was almost a hundred percent sure Spencer had a date planned for tonight with a girl from our class. "Yeah, but he's not free," I said while sitting down.

"Aren't you?" Zach asked Spencer in confusion.

"Mm, yeah. I am free," he nodded.

"No, you're not. Don't you have-" I stopped talking when he realized he didn't want anyone to know. I shrugged it off for the moment but pulled him with me into the lunch line a few minutes later. "You have a date, Spencer. Don't even think about getting out of it because you're nervous. You've liked Molly for a while, you're going on this date. End of," I huffed.

"Jesus, all right," he sighed in defeat but he was grinning like a fool. Like the fool he is.

We sat back down and I turned to Zach. "He's not free," I shook my head.

Zach stared at me, then at Spencer, then let it go. He'll get it out of one of us later. "So, you're going to wait?" he asked me.

"Yup," I replied, "I'll be waiting for you," I sighed.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

He parked the car and we got out in front of the grocery store, heading inside with a cart.

"Do you have anything you want to get or am I just like the butler that's buying groceries?" I asked while going through each aisle.

"I'd say you're just the butler," he shrugged while walking beside me.

I rolled my eyes and we got into the first aisle to grab some cereal and of course, we started arguing.

"No, I don't like Rice Krispies, we're not getting that," he put it back.

"Yes, we are," I grabbed it once again.

"No, we're getting Oreo O's."

I love Oreo O's but I want Rice Krispies as well. "Can't we just get both?" I asked.

"Just keep in mind you're paying for your things," he shrugged.

"I want Rice Krispies!" I stomped.

He kept taking the box out of the cart so I grabbed the box and climbed into the car, holding the box to myself. He looked at me, sighing in frustration. "We've been here five minutes," he rolled his eyes before putting the box of Oreo O's in the car as well and pushing it along to the next aisle.

He left me, still in the cart at the beginning of the aisle, and walked along, bringing groceries back, handing them to me. He went into the next aisle, not bothering to push the cart along and I waited there for ten minutes, getting worried when he still didn't show up.