CHAPTER 2

Sunlight crept between the window bars, slowly making its way to brighten a room filled with darkness.

Warm light softly caressed the face of Lady Elin. If she was not in this kind of mess, such reflection would be illuminating her great beauty. Elin was considered as one of those people whose beauty is quite divine with hair as black as the night and eyes darker than the abyss. However, that beauty is now torn into pieces. Her face is pallid and her eyes in now devoid of life.

Footsteps drew near the dungeon and a figure of a woman emerged from the shadows. She stood outside the prison staring at the feeble Elin.

“Well, would you look at that? The ever so brilliant Lady Elin is now crawling in the ground ”

Elin glared at the woman. The very same woman who smirked awhile ago. The very same woman who she despised the most.

“You really are beautiful, huh, Lilith? With a golden hair and blue eyes, it is as if you fell from heaven....

...However, it seems as though the reason you fell is because heaven rejected you. A woman with a face of an angel but has a personality as vicious as the devil. Furthermore, you may be the devil but you don’t have there wits, do you? Can’t you see that I’m sitting here, not crawling? How stupid can you get? Well, I never did expect anything smart that will come out in your filthy mouth”.

Lilith’s face distorted after hearing Elin’s remarks. She knew she couldn't win against Elin with words but she couldn't care less, for Lilith knew she attained what she desired. And to see her enemy this pale, Lilith felt ecstatic.

“Talk all you want, Eeeliiin. You will soon die anyway”, Lilith said playfully.

Lilith began pouring a foul-smelling liquid onto the dungeon. She casted fire magic and it began to spread that it eventually reached Elin.

“What are you doing? You will be seen as  a suspect if you pursue this homicide”

"Well, who would suspect an angel. Like. ME?", Lilith chuckled.

Elin’s eyes squinted as the smoke began to rise. The smoke eventually covered the entire dungeon and she started to cough profusely.

Elin could only here the laughing of Lilith as the woman went outside.

Elin stared at the fire infront of her. She felt like she was in a fiery furnace. But what's the point? Her life was already a living hell. Instead of panicking, Elin just smiled.

“You really are a dumb woman, Lilith. Did you think that I will die here?”.

Elin just sat there waiting.

Waiting for her mana to stabilize.

The good thing about this country is magic. Children learn magic as soon as they knew how to manipulate their own mana.

Lady Elin of Vand was known for her manipulation of water. She began coating the shackles with water and unlocked it.

And it does not just end there.

What they do not know is her aptitude for shadow magic.

“Come, Nero”, Elin mumbled and a small black fairy came out of her shadow.

“You gave me a ridiculous task and you summon me now? When will I ever get my break? ”, Nero complained.

“Oh, just shut up Nero and bring me the body. Did you bring some spare clothes?”.

“It’s in the small house in the middle of the forest”, Nero looked bored while waiting for Elin to finish.

“What are you going to do with that wound? It looks deep, you know?”, Nero eyed the wound of Elin.

“Oh, This? I already stopped the bleeding. Ohoooo, are you perhaps worried, Nero?”, Elin poked the cheeks of Nero.

“Baaahhh, who’s worried? You can die on your own”, Nero turned his back but Elin can still see that he is blushing. She giggled at the sight of embarrassment.

Elin begun undressing herself and placed it in the body of a dead woman who seems to have features that is similar to her. They waited for the room to burn more, especially the body.

"Can we go now? I think her face is already burnt. It's unrecognizable", Nero peaked at the dead body.

"Well, I have to make sure everything I planned is perfect", fire reflected on Elin's eyes.

"Hmm, they seem to notice the fire now

"Hmm, they seem to notice the fire now. We have to go or your plans will surely be ruined. We don't want that. Do we?", Nero casted a shadow portal. Having this kind of ability is quite convenient.

You know, being one with the shadow

Elin looked at the corpse one last time before joining Nero.

“Let’s go, Nero. I still have a lot of things to do.

My revenge has only. Just. Begun”.