CHAPTER-29: LOVE TAKES TIME

~ Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder~

_________________________________________

"Not this snake again " Jannat rubbed her forehead using her palm, and laid back on the chair.

Layla was walking towards them with a sly smile on her face, and her smile shouted the stupid remarks she wanted to make of the brides, especially Jannat.

Jannat's eyes travelled from Layla to a tan-colored woman standing next to Layla, holding a chubby cute baby girl in her hands, who was patting her mother's cheek. But, what caught Jannat's attention was the emotions twinkling in the jet-black eyes of the slim lady, an emotion of guilt and embarrassment.

Jannat looked at the direction where the lady was staring at and she got confused as she was staring at Zeeshan, who was having a talk with some old man, with a smile steady on his handsome face.

" Girls, meet Layla, she is a relative of ours" Habeeba, introduced her to the two brides, who gave her a forced smile.

Jannat was still sitting in the chair, while benting down to the ground and was struggling to get the end of her gown which was stuck under the chair that she did not notice Layla and Habeeba was standing in front of her.

" Habeeba, what kind of bride have you chosen for Zeeshan? She doesn't even know to stand in respect while an elder is near to her" Laila shook her head in a over disappointmented way, while Jannat harshly pulled the tip of her gown, making a small part of the gown to tear.

" I swear I will beat this lady using this chair"  Jannat murmured slowly, and gave the lady a look, while she was controlling herself by clenching her palm tightly.

" We have chosen the best bride for Zeeshan and when we elders doesn't know to respect their mentality, how do you expect them to respect you?" Habeeba gave her a fake smile, while Layla's face became colorless.

Layla was always known for making nasty remarks about most of the girls who doesn't seems good in her point of view. Most of the family members acts like Layla doesn't exist, as they know Layla was someone who cannot be proper as a dog's tail cannot be straightened even if it is kept in coil for thousand years.

" Ammi(mom), can you please take her to the beverages corner? I think she is thirsty." Ayesha said sensing the tensed atmosphere around them and she doesn't want her mother-in-law to create a mess in the party, like she always does.

She gave the little girl to Layla, who took her daughter-in-law with concerns and love glistening in her eyes. To the people around her she is a stubborn yet nosey type of lady, but to her family her behaviour changes like the color of chameleon.

" Come, Layla. Let me take you near the beverage corner." Habeeba said forgetting the remark Layla had made  a few minutes ago, as holding grudges wasn't a part of Habeeba's culture. They both walked away while Layla gave Jannat a not-so-satisfying look, while Jannat turned away or else she could have really hit the lady in her head, so as to let her mentality to change.