𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊. High Water and a Devil's Daughter

a/n: Eva's outfit for the chapter is above!

┏━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┛

Evangeline de Martel was broken.

She knew that and she managed to find a way to live with that. Not all that's broken can be fixed. Sometimes the broken pieces shine brighter than the full ones had ever. Whether the redhead acknowledged that or not, she was a magnet to people like her.

The broken, damaged beyond repair, and fucked up ones were her only friends. She might have meant it but Evangeline couldn't feel whole with someone who had never gone through the pain to go from an innocent caretaker to a devilish monster on a long almost impossible redeeming path.

She hated it when someone told her that there was no fixing her that she was just a monster that will go to the ends of the world to prove a wrong point but who could they be to stand in her way? Except extremely mad. Evangeline did not make herself a monster, she just lived the life she had to.

To survive amongst the snakes, you need to take on the skin of one and through the years, eventually, you become a snake. Evangeline was the snake of snakes when need be, she wanted to live and she wanted to be happy but no snake is ever happy unless its enemies are vanquished.

And, oh she had more enemies than one could imagine and barely any friends. She had allies. People who have a great deal in common with her and afterward it would be like they never met.

The Mikaelsons were different, each one of them brought something out of her that she never knew was there or had subdued it long enough. For a fact, she never thought that it was possible to just love someone unconditionally. To want that person happy with or without you, to depend on someone for your happiness was a scary thing but it felt so...real that she never wanted that feeling to go away.

"You are staring."

Evangeline chuckled, leaning on her elbow to face him, "I am admiring the view," She leaned forward, poking his nose, "You look cute when you are asleep and not planning global domination."

"I am not cute," Klaus sat up, rolling his eyes at her as she raised her eyebrows, unamused, "Come here." She giggled aloud, letting him pull her up as her back collided with his chest.