Chapter 22:

"please ya'll put the guns down, Terrence... mama just died minutes ago. Are you crazy? This situation ends two, you gone die or you going to jail!" yelled Tonya.

"I damn show ain't going to jail!" Terrence said now locking eyes with Dominic.

Laylonie stepped away from Terrence she had never seen this side of her husband. That is where she should be, but how could he have been with Terrence's wife? She walked over and stood right there beside her husband. He looked at her as if she had been the worst thing he had ever seen. She understood she took her hand and placed it on the gun.

"baby you are not about that life, put the gun down. Come baby, just put it down." She whispered in his ear.

Her voice had some type of hold on him, he wanted she badly to do as she asked, but he could not. She looked so beautiful, yet he had another beautiful woman who had always been around, and he had grown to love almost more then he loved Laylonie. He looked at Laylonie and turned the gun to her. Everyone gasped as he put the gun right in the middle of her forehead. Laylonie herself was shocked at the position she was in and fainted.

"the fuck you point the gun at her for, she ain't do shit, now she on that damn dirty ass floor" yelled Terrence walking towards Dominic.

"she is my wife stay your ass over there or you gone get shot" Dominic said firmly.

Just then the police stormed through the door screaming and Terrence got distracted. A man that had been sitting in the waiting room watching jumped at Terrence and they being to tussle. Dominic placed the gun on the floor and got on his knees and put his hands above his head. Three police officers rushed over to put him in cuffs, and kicked his gun away, not far from the fight. Others stood by at the man and Terrence tussled for the gun. Terrence punched the man in the face and got to his gun. The man he fought with somehow got to Dominic's gun. Sasha jumped for Terrence just as he stops the first shot.

Gun shots were heard all over the hospital. When every gun and every man holding a gun, everything was silent. Sasha fell to her knees. Terrence laid there in front of her covered in blood. The police held Tonya and Tomeka back as they struggled to get to him. The nurse ran over to check on Terrence, he reached for his neck. Gasping for air he looked over and took Sasha's hand. Blood began to run down her legs. She put her hand in his and passed him the pregnancy test.

"shhhh, sshhhh she said stoking her hand over his head you're going to be fine. Everything is going to be okay.'' She said as tears rounded down her eyes. "you know, you're going to be a dad"

Sasha smiled. Tomeka and Tonya screamed when they heard the news. Tomeka put her hands over her mouth and watched Sasha fall over on the floor. She took Terrence's hand as he took his last breathes, feeling his body fall lifeless in her hands. The pregnancy test falling out of his other hand. It was that Sasha notice she had been shot in the side.

The nurses picked her up and took her to the operating room. Sasha could only see blurs of lights in front of her face. She asked for Terrence, but she knew he could not come. She knew he was gone. The steady beep of the machines caught her attention. She felt herself relax as she the nurse began to start an iv. She could not tell if it was the thought of death making her peaceful or the medicine, they were giving her. The room began to spin, her breath became slow and steady. She was motionless. Her heart was giving out. The beeps of the heart monitor began to fade, and the room grew dark.

Tomeka who had been watching from the hallway began to panic as the heart monitor went from a consist beep to a long unending one. She screamed and her best friend took her last breath. They started the defibrillator and began to shock Sasha. Between the compressions and shocks Tonya could not take it anymore. She watched as every time they touched her, every time they said clear her friend never made a sound.

Finally, it was over. Nothing more was to be done. Nothing more was to be said. Sasha saw a bright light, and in that light, she saw her parents and grandmother. This was the end. Everything she knew was gone, everything she was, was over. The life she had, the man she had, the baby she was going to have it was all waiting for her on the other side. She reached out her hand and walked towards the light, and it was there where she was finally happy.