chapter one

Emily

Two months. It had been two whole months since he ended things with me, and over something so stupid. I thought we would work it out that day, or even sometime that week. But the days of waiting for him to answer my calls turned into weeks before I gave up, realising that it really was over.

But how could it be over? Everything we'd been through together from all the good times and bad times, it all flew out the window like nothing ever happened.

I spent two weeks crying myself to sleep, replaying every word spoken that day. I was back to sad, broken and unable to function Emily. That was until Mum payed a surprised visit to me.

She'd spent the whole day, sitting in bed beside me, cradling me and running her thumb in small circles over my forehead- something she did when I was a kid. She'd spent the whole day, cooing words to me, telling me everything would be ok and that sometimes things don't work out. She'd even come over the next day, repeating everything she did the first time. And it was only when she came over for the third time in a row, that I wasn't going to let what happened take over me.

I got out of bed, spending the day out with Mum, while she tried to distract my thoughts from him. And well it had all gone well, and I guess that leads me to where I am now. Another month and a half later, finally able to stop thinking about him and actually help Molly and the cafe, like I should have been doing before now.

Molly's pregnancy was going exceptionally well. She had started showing properly three weeks ago, and it wasn't long after that Molly and Niall broke the news to the world. No one had expected for Niall to be the first to become a Dad, but nearly all the fans couldn't contain their excitement. Molly and Niall had received countless amount of fan mail, some just kind words in a letter and others accompanied with an actual gift.

"Alright, so the gender of the baby is inside this document. I know you said you're wanting to do a gender reveal so I'm guessing I'm giving this to you" The doctors voice pulled me from my thoughts. I looked over to Molly who gave me a nod.

"Thank you" I said, grabbing the envelope she held out to me.

Molly and Niall had organised to have a gender reveal party. I couldn't have been happier when they asked for me to organise it for them. Molly gave me an idea of what her and Niall wanted the party to look like, and let's just say... I was excited.

Knowing how much Niall loved golf, I'd planned for either Molly or Niall to hit a golf ball, where it will then explode with either pink or blue powder. Molly had helped plan with things that didn't have to do with the gender of the baby, like foods and decorations and what not.

"Thank you so much" Niall said, pulling me from my thoughts once again. I looked down at the envelope in my hands, unable to believe that the gender of their baby was written in the paper... that is if the little on wants to be a boy or girl.

"Anything for the two of you" I shot my head up to the nurse who was smiling at Molly and Niall. They had both instantly looked over to me. I retreated my eyes down to my wrist where the words etched on my skin still lay.

anything for you

As much as I hated to admit it. The words still meant something to me. And I was afraid that they always would. But I didn't want them to because I knew for a fact that everything was actually over. And yet I was still sitting here, two months later, wishing I could hear the words come out of his mouth just one more time. But they wouldn't. And I couldn't let myself break down again over something that was just a memory now. I spent enough time crying over him already, and I wasn't going to start back up again.