chapter twenty-six

Emily

I'd told nearly everyone about getting offered a job in London. Mum and Dad were the first two I told and to put it simply, they were both over the moon. Surprisingly, when I came over and told Ally, Matt and Tommy as well, the three of them were also just as excited. I soon learned that was because they were certain I would get back with Harry and apparently, getting back with him was the only thing they cared about right now.

I'd then flown over to London, taking a taxi to the hospital and seeing Molly and Niall. Much to my relief, Molly was doing slightly better than she was last week. She still wasn't eating as much as she should, but she was eating something. She also wasn't talking much and usually only talked to Niall when she had to. I could tell that was bothering Niall as well, but he didn't blame her seeing as what had happened was really going to be effecting her. I'd told both of them my news, having to explain to Niall who Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall was. Molly was happy for me and I was honestly just glad that I was able to lift her mood ever so slightly.

And that leads me to where I was now. Standing on Harry's doorstep, waiting for him to open it after spending a good five minutes hesitating on whether to knock or just go home.

I was beyond nervous to say the least. Even though I was almost sure that Harry would be just as happy as everyone else, there was still a tiny part of me that was scared he wouldn't be happy.

The door opened, revealing a very surprised but happy Harry. 

I bit my bottom lip, trying to suppress my smile at seeing him happy to see me, but obviously failing on hiding it as Harry chuckled at me.

"Emily?" Harry said, opening the door wider and moving to the side so I could come in. 

"Hello" I replied, stepping inside and trying to ignore the now rapid beating of my heart. 

Harry looked down to me, tilting his head slightly as though it would help him work out why I just showed up at his door uninvited. 

"I wanted to talk to you" I told him.

"Ok please don't say that again because it get's me scared" Harry said, his own voice now laced with a slight nervousness. I let out a chuckle because I was pretty sure everyone has the same problem.

We both stopped by his kitchen. I don't know why, but whenever I came we tended to always just head to his kitchen first for no apparent reason.

"So, what is it you want to talk about?" Harry asked, leaning back against the counter as I did the same to the kitchen island in front of him.

My heart was only beating faster now and my stomach had now been sent into a series of butterflies.

"I have some news" I said, making Harry raise his eyebrows. He waited for me to continue as I nervously reached down for my ring. His eyes flickered down the same time and a flash of worry instantly showed on his face.

"Em, is everything ok?" He asked, quickly stepping forward and stopping in front of me. I looked up to him, watching as his eyes worriedly flickered between mine.

"Remember how Hugh wanted to meet me?" I asked him, making him nod his head. "Well... he offered me a job to work alongside him" Harry's eyes widened at my words, his lips slightly turning upwards as he waited for me to continue. "And I took it" 

As soon as the words left my mouth Harry instantly wrapped his arms around me, lifting me off the ground and spinning me around while cheering out of happiness. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he ran out of the kitchen, still holding on to me, and into the living room where he continued to spin me around.