chapter thirty

Emily

"I don't get it, it doesn't make sense" Molly said as she began bouncing lightly on the balls of her feet to put Ellie to sleep.

Molly had been going on for three days now about how Harry and Kendall together doesn't make sense. She'd said she'd been sure that Harry and I were going to get back together, just like every other person had told me.

Ally had face timed me the very night 'Hendall' began trending, going on about how she too thinks it doesn't make sense. Tommy had run into Ally's room while she was face timing me, nearly in tears because he was so convinced he would get to play Nerf with Harry again.

Jack and Cho, the two I'd become close with in the cafe, had also been trying to reassure me that it was just a rumour. But I knew it was no rumour seeing as they'd been spotted out together twice now. I also didn't need reassuring because I was fine. At least that's what I was telling everyone.

Hugh didn't have a clue what was going on, but apparently even he could tell that I wasn't myself and he made me take the day off today. 

The only person that hadn't said anything about this, was Harry himself. I guess I didn't blame him because he didn't have to tell me things that go on in his life, but it made me think whether Harry had been talking to Kendall while he was leading me on.

"I was convinced you and Harry were going to get back together" Molly said,still trying to put Ellie to sleep.

I lent back on the couch, ignoring Molly's never ending blabbering and bringing my attention to my phone.

"Seriously, every time you two get close to fixing your stupid problem that's been going on for too long now, something ruins it" She continued. "I mean, who-"

"Molz" Niall said, looking up to her from the couch he was sitting on.

"You were convinced too right?" She asked him, turning around to him.

"Yes, I was. But if you really want to continue talking about this, I'm going to take Ellie and put her to sleep myself because she's not going to fall asleep anytime soon if you keep talking" Niall said. Molly let out a huff, finally closing her mouth and dropping the conversation.

I had nothing to do, so I switched from apps, trying to busy myself from my thoughts about Harry. I opened up twitter, something I had been checking a lot more recently. I didn't want to say it was because it was the only thing keeping me updated on what was going on, but that's exactly what it was doing.

I looked over to what was trending, finding that 'Harry' was now trending, yet again. I didn't even hesitate when I went to click on it.

I read through all the tweets, finding that Harry and Kendall had been spotted together yesterday once again. What was annoying was that Harry and I never went out that many times in a row. But seeing Kendall seemed to be the only thing he was doing later, not even caring about paparazzi at all.

But why should he care about the paparazzi. I'm sure Kendall doesn't get panic attacks over something so stupid. It would explain why he doesn't care. He probably also doesn't care because he's not embarrassed to be seen with a drop dead gorgeous women.

I shut my phone with a huff, standing up from the couch and slipping my phone into my back pocket.

"I'm going out" I said quietly, making sure to not wake the now asleep Ellie. Niall held a thumbs up as Molly nodded her head.

. . .

So far I'd been into five different shops and had three full bags of either clothes or other small things that I'd thought were cute. Shopping was easily able to rid my thoughts of Harry and I was certainly feeling a whole lot better now.