Chapter Seven

"I hope Hanami wasn't too much trouble for you," you said.

Ushijima shakes his head, having Hayami on his shoulders as you unlock the front door. You smiled, opening the door and stepping aside to let Ushijima walk inside the house. Dabi isn't home yet and you figured you'd start cooking dinner before he gets home so he can relax and unwind while at home.

Ushijima puts Hayami down. "That boy from earlier... He was the boy the League of Villains kidnapped."

"What?" You questioned, your eyes widening in shock. "Mitsuki's son? Really?"

"Yeah," Ushijima sighed. Hayami starts to run around the house and Ushijima sits down on the couch. "The Kamino Ward... All Might's retirement. League of Villains were behind it all and you still want to be with that man?"

You pulled your lips into a thin line. You didn't think the world was small enough for you to know someone that's a relative to the boy who was kidnapped. You didn't think the League had so much involvement with the students from U.A. since Dabi doesn't tell you anything about their activities. You didn't think about all the stuff the League of Villains have done because you aren't a hero nor a villain. You have no reason to be.

You looked at Ushijima, seeing the blank look on his face. You knew that he's looking out for you, but you didn't think he'd actually ask you that question out loud. You've already made up your mind about staying with Dabi despite his profession and you never really thought long and hard about Dabi being a villain. You knew that if Dabi was ever captured, there's a chance the police will arrest you for being with him, but you know that Dabi won't sell you out like that.

You exhaled deeply. "Wakatoshi, I'm fully aware that Touya is in the League, but I love him with all my heart. I can't see myself without him and I know what he's doing isn't good. I know it's not morally right either, but who am I to tell him to stop? He believes in Stain's belief and I get that, but... I still love him. He treats me and Hanami with love and he cares for us."

"I see..." Ushijima sighed, closing his eyes. "I'm glad to know where your heart is. I just wanted to know if you doubted yourself with being him with. When it comes down to it all, I won't tell the police about you two. I hope you guys can be happy together."

"Thank you," you mumbled.

You focused on the food in the refrigerator, deciding what to cook for dinner. You're aware that Dabi is out later than he normally is and it could be with the new members with that Overhaul guy. Dabi hasn't told you much about Overhaul at all and you barely watch the news to know what's going on in the hero society to even care. You're not a hero nor a villain. You're simply a baker and you wish to continue to be a baker.

While you are cooking dinner, Ushijima keeps Hayami entertained. You could hear her laughter and her little cheers with Ushijima's chuckling. You smiled, feeling a lot better with the silence between you and Ushijima as you still continue to cook dinner. There is nothing that will make you change your mind about being with Dabi. You love him too much to leave him.

As if on cue, the front door opens. You looked over your shoulder to see Dabi walk inside the house and you give him a smile. He looks tired than normal and he lets out a sigh. Hanami shouts loudly and happily as she leaves Ushijima's side and she goes to Dabi with open, tiny arms. Dabi puts on a smile and he crouches down.

"Hey Haya, how you doing?" Dabi asked softly.

She walks into his arms and he picks her up, holding her. Dabi presses a kiss to her forehead as she's babbling and looking up at Dabi. You smiled at the sight, but focus on cooking dinner. You hear footsteps behind you and you didn't have to look over your shoulder as you feel a hand be placed on your waist and a body press against your side. You smiled, Dabi pressing a kiss to your cheek.