CHAPTER 2

We're now in front of the table, eating our supper when my uncle/adoptive father suddenly suggested something I never thought he'll ever say to me.

"You should get married. My friend thinks you'll be compatible with his son. You already know his son, he's your classmate in high school. Remember Matthew?"

The moment I heard that name, I suddenly wanted to flip the table upside down and scream from the top of my lungs.

"Sir, I'm still a university student and marrying was never in my mind," I said calmly as I drink some water.

"It's for the best sister, your boyfriend must be the one who's making you say no." the words my sister just spouted, made everyone in front of the table look at me with their glaring eyes.

"Pretending to be pure and innocent in front of us, saying marrying was never in your mind. Ha! But, here you are having a boyfriend at such a young age." My adoptive mother said venomously.

"Husband and boyfriend, I never had one of those. But, it seems like Ms. Allina knows me more than I do. She even knows I have a boyfriend that even I don't." I said while smiling. This family never changed, after that incident three years ago, I learned how to speak with my mask on. Only saying words that I know they'll only find a few faults.

"You! You're still denying it!"

"I'll forever deny it, Sir, as long as there are no shreds of evidence shown." Looks like I lost my appetite. The fork and spoon in my hands went towards my plate silently.

"Si-sister, I wasn't lying. I-I saw you with your boyfriend in your univ-"

"And why are you at my university? You're homeschooled Miss, you shouldn't go out recklessly with your condition. Were you with your mother or father to guide you?" I ask. I saw her flinch at my question. This woman in front of me, all her plans to frame me had always been so boring. All of her words that will get me in trouble always return to her.

"Allina? When did you go out? I didn't know this?" her mother suddenly questioned, Allina's eyes went towards me, I just tilted my head with my eyes laughing at her situation now.

"Did you ask Anton to drive for you?"

"No, I-I went alone."

"I see, don't do that again Allina. Although your operation was a success, we still need to be careful." My adoptive mother said worriedly.

"Sir, Ma'am. I would like to say something."

All eyes look at me, their expression wasn't interested in what I'm going to say, so I just let my mouth do all the work.

"I'll be an exchange student in America."

The moment those words went to their ears, my uncle/adoptive father slammed the table.

"You're not going." He answered like it's final.

"Okay." I shrugged it off, that everyone suddenly finds it odd. Of course, they'll find it odd, me letting this opportunity pass, who the heck will just say no to that opportunity.

"Think about what I told you earlier Arabella, you marrying that special child, will help our business. You'll just spend time with him when you get married, It's not that hard." The more he talks the heavier my heartfelt.

"Yes, sir," I answered without emotion. When my eyes wander towards Allina, she smiled triumphantly as she savors all her foods.

Smile all you want my dear Allina. You won't be able to wear that smile anymore...soon.