CHAPTER 8

"Ahh. I'm so full. I'm glad the food taste so good."

Arabella said with a satisfied smile. She chuckled when she saw Blaine's face that's still eating the cheesy macaroni. Although she made this novel that's dated back to the empire era, she clearly listed here the modern dishes, Arabella doesn't know any empire food to include in the novel, she just wrote foods that she saw on the internet and streets, which made her love her past self for being so unknowledgeable about foods in the past.

I didn't know that not knowing ancient foods will lead me to eat my favorites even though I'm not in the other world anymore. huhuhu

"Mother, I'm done. I didn't know that we'll be able to finish that, let's eat here again after the harvest next month!" Blaine said excitedly and smiled widely at her.

Aww..what a cute smile.

"Of course I-"

"You piece of trash!"

All of the customers in the restaurant quickly turn their heads where they heard a loud shout from a man who's holding a little girl's hair.

Arabella's heart tightens, she had never seen this kind of violence towards a child, but she experienced them herself with her abusive auntie and uncle. When she saw the bleeding lips of the little girl, Arabella quickly stands up and walk towards the man.

Blaine wiped his face with a table napkin and followed his mother. He thought they were going out of the restaurant already to avoid getting caught in the situation, but his eyes widen when his mother suddenly hold the man's hand that's holding the poor little girl's hair.

"Let her go" Arabella said calmly and glared at the man. Seeing the little girl up close, she can see the bruises all over her body and the moment she saw her swollen left eye, she felt like she wanted to hug the little girl and cry.

"This is none of your business! Go away you bitch!" he shouted and brushed off her hand. Arabella quickly retracted her hand and looked at the man.

He's a stout middle-aged man and he looks like a noble who's having his lunch in this restaurant as well. Looking at him clearly, he saw the typical abusive man just like his uncle. She's so furious that she felt like she wanted to strangle him to death.

Kill him!

Arabella flinched when she heard something, she had goosebumps all over, and confidence suddenly overwhelmed her mind and body. Her blood lust had become so intense. It feels like something is inside her body that wants to come out.

"What are you doing to a little girl? Let go of her." Arabella said with a furious tone. When she glances towards the little girl, their eyes met and she saw the pitiful tears streaming down her cheeks.

"This bitch stepped on my shoe! How dare this stupid filthy commoner stepped on me!" Arabella frowned at his ridiculous excuse.

"She stepped on your CHEAP shoes?" she scoffed which made the man get red in anger.

"You-" he was about to say something again but the little girl kicked the man's balls and scratch his arms with her fingernails that immediately bleed "aaaahhh!" the man screamed in pain. Arabella was so shocked that she just stood there with her wide eyes. Everyone in the restaurant looked at the feisty girl beating up the big man; they were so shocked that they weren't able to say a word.

The man was already on the ground screaming loudly in pain. Arabella felt two little hands grabbed her right and left hand.

"Mother!" the moment she heard Blaine's voice they're already running towards the exit.