Saved

Ignoring the shout from his back Amaan quickly carried her in his arms towards his car. Without saying anything to anybody he drove her to the hospital where his best friend Raj was a doctor.

On the way he was glancing at Asmaira from the rear mirror and praying, "you will be, you will be fine, we are almost there".

"Raj, Raj, where are you man?", Amaan's voice was shaking while talking to his friend over the phone.

"Are you ok? I am at hospital", Raj tried to calm him, sensing the urgency in his voice.

"I...I..my wife....she..she just fainted, I don't know why", he stammered, not able to conceal the shame.

"Your wife? You got married?", Raj could not help but ask out in surprise.

"RAJ!", he yelled over the phone.

"Ok, relax, get her to the hospital, okay? She will be fine", still in surprise to hear about Amaan's marriage.

Raj was his schoolmate and always treated Raina as his baby sister. When she left, he was always there for Amaan knowing well how much he loved her. Amaan's marriage came as a shock to him.

When Amaan reached the hospital, Asmaira was taken into the emergency, however, it came as a surprise that she had a fever and passed out due to stress and anxiety. The surprising part was Amaan's reaction as if she was in danger. Raj was sure something was amiss and he confronted remorseful Amaan.

Slap!

"You did what?", Raj slapped his friend and roared.

"I didn't mean to, I don't even know what I did..I ...I never meant to Raj", Amaan was pleading.

"How can you be so fucked up, I advised you to have a session with a psychiatrist for your anger issue". He said while pacing in his room.

"Please check her, check her if she is fine. She didn't look ok when I saw her. God, I don't even remember anything", Amaan said while fisting his hand on the last sentence.

"What should I tell Nisha, hey wifey look Amaan just raped his wife", he said.

"Raj, help me bro! I can't ask Asmaira about last night, she is already scared of me. I just want to know. Oh God! How will I face Raina?".

Looking at his friend's dishevelled look, Raj had to call his wife who was a gynaecologist.

Giving a disgusted look to Amaan, Nisha informed, "Your ass is saved, she was not raped".

With that Amaan sighed in relief.

"Don't be happy too soon, she has bruises and those bite marks, I never thought you could become a beast some day", Nisha was infuriated.

"I am sorry, like I said I was not sober then, I am deeply sorry", Amaan pleaded.

"Save it for her, anyway, we have to keep her for observation. I will check her tomorrow, depending how she is coping up we will discharge her", Nisha spoke in her professional tone.

Knowing that she was not raped, Amaan called Fariya and told her about Asmaira's condition.

"I knew it could not be an allergy to prawn", Fariya said.

"What?", Amaan was confused.

"She said her face was swollen due to an allergy to prawn".

"Tell me Amaan, what happened to her?", Fariya inquired.

"Ma, you are over thinking, it was food allergy only. You can ask Raj, he is attending her", Amaan lied.

She wanted to come to the hospital, however Amaan was ashamed and scared. If his parents see her how will they react? What they will think about him?. He persuaded her to come in the morning.