Josh - No Kisses

PAIRING: Josh (Jawsh) x F-Reader

Words: 800

---------------------------------

Another end to a long day at work left you tired and in need of some attention from your boyfriend, Josh. You had been helping out since they were understaffed, doing some extra hours so hadn't gotten home until late. You smiled and sighed as soon as you stepped through your front door, your body already relaxing and craving to do nothing at all but chill.

You walked further in, ready to go make a drink for you and Josh when you saw the sink still full of dishes. Now normally it wouldn't bother you, but I did today mainly because you had asked Josh to wash up last night, then asked him again this morning. After sighing and staring at the pile of pots and pans for a few minutes you began to move them onto the counter top so you could begin washing them. But then as soon as you had started, you stopped, dropping the sponge into the bowl.

"Not my mess to clean" you said to yourself, placing down the plates you were also holding.

You carried on with your original plan of making a hot drink and then walked up to your bedroom to change into more comfortable clothing. As you headed to the room you could hear clicking from Josh's mouse and keyboard from the office next door, the door slightly ajar and his bright computer screen illuminating the small gap. You continued into your bedroom, changing into some pyjamas. You perched on your bed, lifting your leg to put some fluffy socks on just as Josh walked into the room, a smile growing on his face as you looked up. His hair was almost as perfectly smoothed down as usual, only a few strands sticking up from where his headset had laid, you were about to say he looked cute but stopped the comment as he spoke instead.

"Hey, babe, how was your day?" he asked softly as he walked towards you, going to stand near you and wait till you stood to give you a hug, as he always did when you got home.

"Good but long, happy to be home. Yours?" you asked back as you stood, sliding past him and walked over to the mirror with a hairband in your hand.

Though you didn't catch the look, you could tell his forehead wrinkled in confusion and felt his eyes watch you as you stepped away from him.

"Yeah, had a successful stream earlier, almost beat my Mario record" he cheered slightly,

He walked over to where you were stood, hands still fiddling with the band in your hair. His arms wrapped around your waist and turned you to face him, he slowly leant in to kiss your lips, but you swerved away and walked over to where your drink was placed.

"What was that?" he asked bluntly, but playfully annoyed, tilting his head and raising his brow as he looked at you.

"What?" you replied simply with a shrug, taking a sip of your drink before walking back down stairs, Josh's footsteps tapping away against the floor boards behind you.

"Y/n..?"

You continued your path back towards the kitchen, hoping he'd see the mess and then clear it up. He was still following, a few steps behind, confusion etched onto his face. You stopped in the doorway, looking from him to the sink and back. He then followed your eyes before he rolled his.

"I'll do it later" he mumbled, stepping closer to you, arms reaching out slightly. Your free hand outstretched and placed a finger on his chest to stop him.

"You said that last night.." tilting your head to the right, "and this morning" you stated with a tilt of your head in the other direction, raising your own brow.

"but y/n.." he groaned childishly as he pouted his lips, trying to reach out and hold you but you stepped back again.

"I'm not kissing you until you do the washing up." you said, motioning your head towards the pile.

Josh sighed heavily, dragging his feet into the room and started to clean up. You smiled and walked away, heading for the sofa to watch some TV and grabbing your phone to order the two of you dinner since evidently neither of you were in the mood to cook and clean.

About halfway through your show you could feel Josh's presence behind the couch, looking over it at you. You turned your head and smiled sweetly at him.

"Now that wasn't so hard, was it?" you said, sounding almost motherly.

Josh rolled his eyes once more, climbing over the sofa top and landing on your body, you letting out a breathy 'oomf'. Josh chuckled lightly, moving so he wasn't completely on top of you.

"Can I have my kiss now?" he asked softly, pouting his lips.

You hummed and looked thoughtfully away, causing Josh to chuckle, grab your chin and lean down to press his lips to yours, smiling into the kiss.