Chap 13- Ehsaas (احساس)

As they entered the haveli they all left to there rooms. Qirat hadn't said a word to Zaakir yet and he also decided it's best he doesn't say anything right now, since he might not be able to contain his anger.

"Change your clothes and freshen up..you look like a mess" he said.
And he was right. Strands of her braid were pulled out due to the rough handling of her hair, face tear stained with a little cut at the edge of her lip, and clothes disheveled from the torture.

He walks to the wardrobe and took out some clothes for him self too, and returned back to the room, banging the wardrobe closed behind him. He could feel the back of the shirt he was wearing right now dampen due to the new wound on his shoulder. He began loosening his buttons to take his shirt off.

Zaakirs words had fell on deaf ears. Qirat was still in a some phase were she hadn't heard him. When he had come back from the wardrobe the bang of the door had pulled her out of her lost phase. He was still undoing his buttons, and she suddenly ran towards him and just hugged him tightly. She wrapped her arms around his neck and shoved her head in his chest and cried aloud.

Zaakir was surprised, he wasn't expecting her sudden breakdown, that too in his arms. All his anger seemed to subside right there.
"I'm sorry..I'm sorry ..you were right..I should've listened to you"she cried with her tears freely soaking his chest. He could feel her breath on his skin as she hiccuped in her cries. "Shshshs..it's okay..you're safe now" he assured her. Running his hand over her messy braid.

She nodded her head "I..I was just being so stupid..i don't know what's wrong with me!" She said, whilst he pulled her in tighter..bringing her the comfort she needed. "It's okay. Don't worry ok" he reassured running a hand over her back to soothe her. Her cries quietened a little, but she didn't move. She began running her hands over his neck and shoulders, seeking comfort in his embrace. Her hand stopped at something behind his shoulder.. she instantly moved back and looked at her hand, blood. "What happened?" Her mouth widened in fear looking at her hand. She used the back of her hand to wipe away the tears so her vision wasn't blurry. "Turn around" she ordered him. He saw her scared face and didn't want to get her scared further "it's nothing you go change".

That's when her adamant side came out again, she ignored his words and she pulled down his shirt looking over his shoulder. The sight left her gasping aloud "Allah!. Yeh kya hogaya! We have to go to the hospital right now" she said whilst starring at his stab wound in horror.

"Just pass me the first aid box...it will be fine. Trust me".

"No..it's real bad. Are you crazy! We have to go..." she said still looking at the wound, but then she turned to see his face, and she could see he was tired.

"Acha...first aid box kahan hai?" She asked, trying not to waste time, she knew he wasn't going to go hospital right now.

(Okay..where is the first aid kit?)

"Washroom ke counter me first draw to your right" he simply instructed. And she ran to the box.

(First draw to your right on the bathroom counter)

"Idhar bethein" she said pointing towards the bed with her eyes. And he obliged.
She poured disinfectant on a cotton swab and very lightly touched it against the wound, cleaning it. The sudden sting caused him to just inhale a little louder then usual, whilst she winced as if it was stinging her. "Sorry sorry..bus do minute hogaya huh" she said as if talking to a child, causing him to smile in amusement. But she couldn't see the smile since she was sitting behind him.

(Sit here)

(Sorry sorry..its almost done)

The wound was cleared and she applied a bandage. When she was done with bandaging she let her finger tips roam another scar on his back "yeh kya hai?" She asked.
"Hmm?"
"Yeh nishaan.."

(What's this?)

(This mark..)

"Ahn its an old mark.." he said, recalling the time he got shot a few years back.

She gasped, and hugged his back. He again stilled at her action. He didn't know how to react. "Me pata nahi kyu ese ehmkana harqatein karne lagi...mujhe ehsaas hi nahi hua ke me kitni bari ghalti karahi hu apki baat na maanke...im sorry...im really sorry...kya aap mujhey maaf karenge?" She once again apologised with her cheek learning against his bare shoulder.

(I don't know why I was doing such stupid things..I'm sorry..I'm really sorry..will you forgive me?)

He straightened and turned to face her. "Bus ahinda esa na karyega" he responded. She lowered her gaze in guilt.. "I promise nahi karungi...tho maaf kiya?" She shot her head up and asked.
He smiled and she understood.

(just don't do it again)

(I promisse i wont...so I'm forgiven?)

"Abh please, go freshen up thakey meh bhi kaprey badal saku" he said, wanting her to leave the room so he can change.

(Now please, go freshen up so I can change my clothes too)

"oh sorry sorry...jee" with that she left.

(Oh sorry sorry..yes)