Chapter 15: Falling Like The Stars

You Are Exactly, Precisely And, Perfectly What I Waited For.

_______________________________________________

I hum as I slowly open my eyes. I'm in Michael's arms. What happened? My head hurts. I look up at him and his eyes connect to mine. His big hand takes a hold of my face. You make it so easy to fall in love with you. I wrap my arm around his neck and snuggle closer to him.

"I don't remember what happened but, thank you. Thank you for being here with me. Please never leave me." I whisper the last part as I wrap my arm around his back.

I know he heard me. He hums and I look up at him. He smiles at me. Darn that smile of his. I pull him closer to me and press my lips to him. I pull away quickly. Wait my breath. I just woke up. I cover my mouth quickly. He giggles at me. He pulls my hand away and kisses me. I feel his tongue brush against my lip. But, I don't open my mouth. His teeth sink into my bottom lip and I gasp. His tongue caresses across my lip and I can't help giggling. I pull away and fall back into the floor while giggling.

"Lucia." My father says and my laughing comes to a stop.

I look up to see everyone staring at me with their worried eyes. I get up from the floor and Michael follows. I wipe myself off.

"What happened?" Papa asks.

I look at Michael and he shows me his notepad.

"Baby, you had a really bad anxiety attack in front of everyone."

My eyes grow wide.

"All I remember is talking to Zay about you," I whisper.

His eyes grow wide and he starts writing quickly. Why are his hands shaking?

"Have I done something wrong? Whatever it is. Please, let's just work through it. Please don't leave me. I need you."

"Michael," I whisper as my eye grow watery. "It's not you. You're perfect. I'm still working through some hurt."

He pokes his bottom lip out as he wipes my tears away with his thumbs. I smile up at him.

"Thank you," I say as I straighten his collar.

He smiles at me before kissing my forehead.

"Lucia," Papa says sternly.

I jump from his tone.

"You should tell them," Zay says.

I sigh heavily.

"Tell us what?" Mami says.

I'm not ready. What if they look at me different. I'm still me. Aren't I? I hear Michael hum and I look at him. He nods his head in their direction.