.• 3 •

Luke yawned as he walked down the stairs holding a few printed papers in his left hand. He suddenly missed a step and the maid watching him yelled out in surprise.

Luke turned to her calmly with a small frown. It was then the maid remembered how much Luke hated noise. She claimed her hands over her mouth and glanced at Luke.

It was then she noticed that Luke hadn't fallen down even after missing a steps and was standing comfortably on one leg.

The maid dropped her head and Luke turned to the edge of the stairs but he jumped down. The front door opened and his mom walked in.

"Hey mom" Luke called out as his mom walked towards him and rubbed his hair lovingly.

"You were right, they are hiding something" Mrs Adele-Akinniyi said with a firm tone.

"However, my client won't say anything. He said he wants to be protected before anything" she added as Luke scoffed.

"Why is he the one calling the shots here? If you stop being he's lawyer, he goes to jail. Why is he acting like you are the one who's going to go to jail if he doesn't speak?" Luke asked with a small frown.

His mom laughed slightly "I think its something really big" she said with a shrug.

"These are for you" Luke said giving her the papers. His mom collected it and started going through them a smile on her face.

"Why don't you try Arts class? Law?" His mom asked already knowing his reply.

"Your firm is gonna blow" she added as Luke folded his arms and laughed slightly.

"No thanks" Luke said with a yawn.

"Tell your client he is gonna get protected. Just spill out whatever he knows" Luke added as he turned to walk back upstairs.

"Have you had dinner yet?" His mom asked and Luke shook his head before walking back to his room.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Luke hated Tuesdays'. It was a day full of shit. He didn't stay in bed like the previous day. He had Physics for first period and as much as he loved the subject; he hated Mr Alawaye.

Mr Alawaye was the most feared teacher in Preston. The SSS3 students not excluded. Everyone avoided him like plague. He was a blunt teacher who could say anything.

Luke wasn't scared of him, he just enjoyed getting on the man's nerves. What was more, he didn't do the assignment. He had done it in a rough sheet but he couldn't find it.

He bent down to tie his shoe laces and picked up his school bag and walked out of his room. A maid was standing in front of the room with a tray.

Luke took the cup of Lipton and drank it as he walked down the stairs, the maid following him closely.

He flinged the cup back to the maid without looking backwards. The maid had no expression on her face when the cup landed on the tray.

"Morning mom" Luke said as he dropped a peck on his mom's cheeks.

"Morning sweetie. Off to school?" His mom asked.

"Yip. I'll see you later" Luke said as he stepped outside the house and opened the back door of the car and got in.

The driver started the car and drove out of the gate. Luke tapped on the window lightly humming the tune of a song.

Luke wounded down the glass as an attractive guy also wearing the same uniform as Luke but a different tie knocked on the glass of the car.

Bolaji rubbed his forehead as he looked at Luke.

"Early today?" Bolaji asked and Luke nodded.

"Its Tuesday" Luke replied and Bolaji laughed.

In the whole school, the number of people who could talk to Luke in the face or even laugh with him could be counted. Bolaji Molayo was one of them.

He was the current senior prefect of Luke's set. A position that was given to Luke but was rejected. Bolaji smiled widely at Luke's replied.

"Ready to get on the bull's nerves?" Bolaji asked laughing heartily and Luke replied by wringing his eyebrows.

Mr Alawaye was called The Bull by the students. Luke was double sure he would vomit the day he knew that was how the students addressed him.

Luke got down from the car and rubbed his eyes. The fact that he missed his beauty sleep for a teacher showed how much hatred he had for him that he even had to pay him attention.

Luke strode towards his class, everywhere descending into silence as he walked. Even his classmates went quiet when Luke entered.

Kunle turned to him as soon as he sat down.

"You didn't do your assisgments did you?" Kunle asked and Luke winked at him.

Kunle sighed heavily without saying anything. He watched as Luke placed his headphones on his head and placed his head on the locker trying to catch some sleep.

Luke felt someone slowly nudge him continuously and he opened his eyes to see Kunle looking at him slight panic in his eyes.

Luke sat up on his seat and removed his headset from his ears and put it off. He calmly brought out his Physics note before turning to the man standing in front of the class.

The man looked at Luke angrily. The veins on his head obvious.

"Adele, where's your assignment?" The man asked as Luke frowned.

He hated people called him by his surname and that was exactly what Mr Alawaye always did. Luke shrugged his shoulders.

"I didn't do it" Luke replied as the man banged the table.

"Do it right now!" Mr Alawaye bellowed as Luke yawned.

"Our tables are customized with our names at the top corner, if you break Jaye's table. Its 16 thousand naira. That's like your family feeding fee for a month. Be careful sir" Luke said with a look that made him look as if he was genuinely concerned.

Kunle was the first to let out a small chuckle. Someone else did and another and the whole class roared with laughter while Luke maintained a straight face as if he had absolutely nothing to do with the disruption in class.

He looked at Mr Alawaye staright in the eyes. His eyes spoke instead of his lips.

That's for calling me Adele.

CAN'T LAUGH OO....

LUKE IS CRAZY. LIKE HE MISSED HIS BEAUTY SLEEP, CAME TO SCHOOL EARLY JUST TO GET ON A TEACHER'S NERVE.

HE'S DEFINITELY CRAZY!

MR ALAWAYE, DO YOU HAVE TEACHERS OR USED TO HAVE TEACHERS LIKE HIM IN SEC SCHOOL? MENTION THEIR NAMES.