A Foreign Thought / Peril, In Flames

HELLO. WHY AM I USING CAPS? BEATS ME. HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER AND THE MANY (NOT) UPDATES THAT WILL COME AFTER IT!

I DONT OWN "WOOF WOOF WOOF!" THERE GOES MY DOG WHELP SEE YOU LATEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

weirded out yet? ==

***

It stretched it's gaze, beyond the place it lied. It looked further than just one land, further than any eye can see. It stretched itself, looking, gazing, watching, it's sight unlimited and never breaking.

As it observed in the shadows, it grinned.

This was going to be very, very interesting.

It slunk into the darkness, plotting for a chance.

———

Peril sat up and groaned, her tail lashing on the hot rock. She had gone to sleep on the stone floor, not wanted to burn the comfortable moss beds Listener had prepared for them, but it just made the rock hot and uncomfortable for the other dragonets.

SHE thought it was FINE.

But Clay would tell me to think about how others feel, too. She thought, frowning in the slightest. Oh, Clay, I miss you.

Ever since the incident and coming back in time, Peril had missed her crus- friend, and she couldn't wait to get back.

As she clomped into the kitchen, there was a piece of boar meat of the blob of stone. Listener, Turtle, and Kinkajou were already there. Her two friends were sharing a piece of the meat, but Listener's eyes lit up at the sight of her. She almost cringed. She was still getting used to that.

"Peril!" Listener cried. She smiled and nodded to the meat when Peril sat down and curled her tail around her. "You're finally up! Good to see you. We're all going to meet up at Darkstalker's house to discuss how to- um, bring you back." She awkwardly catches the scaled behind her neck, giving a chuckle. "Sorry, it's just weird referencing the future. I'm so curious what happens to us!"

A wince from Turtle and Kinkajou, unnoticed by the Nightwing, Peril noted. In some ways, from what she knew about her, Listener was actually kind of like Kinkajou. Cheerful and welcoming, but wary when strangers potentially threaten her friends.

She nodded her head, breaking herself from her thoughts. "Thanks, Listener." She grabbed a piece of meat, which sizzled and burned in her hands. She quickly gobbled it up before it turned to ash, and had a few more pieces before she had her fill. Standing, along with her friends and the Nightwing, they all exited Listener's house and headed towards Darkstalkers'.

Peril shivered. Darkstalker. Whenever she heard that name, guilt flooded through her. So many dragons were affected by Darkstalker's plague and his animus spells, but she was the root behind it all. But then her Clay came out, soothing self talk that reminded her that it wasn't her fault.

When the four dragons knocked on the door, a muffled, grumpy—sounding, 'coming', came through, and an angry looking Icewing answered the door.

Peril's breath hitched, her thoughts coming to a concrete halt.

This Icewing looked like Winter.

"Who, in the moons, are you?" He growled.

***

AND SO, THE RARE ULTRA EMERGES FROM THEIR CAGE, ONLY TO RETURN TO THEIR HIBERNATION FOR MONTHS!

I am so sorry I couldn't update, everyone! It always takes time and I prefer reading to writing on Wattpad, but it was so heart warming to see you all supporting me and liking my story, so I couldn't just stop!

I will try to update more frequently, I promise, mk?

Anyways, have a good day and I hope this chapter was good enough for the drama next chapter!

—Ultra