Parents

I quickly rush to the front door, getting ready to greet them when they walked in. The doorbell rings and a butler rushes to open the door for my parents. As soon as my parents appear in view, the butler bows.
A woman with lilac hair appears in front of me. She has purple enchanting eyes, and a stern look on her face. She had a short, purple dress on, going down to her thighs. The dress was made out of fine lace, forming small patterns on her dress. She had tights the color of her skin on under her dress. Her hair was very long, coming to her thighs in length. She had a small braid in her hair, that she always wore. This woman was my mother, Kyoko Kirigiri.

There is a brown haired male beside her. He has light brown spiky hair, and an ahoge on the top of his head. He has a light smile on his face. He is wearing a black suit, with small golden buttons on it. He had black dress shoes on, each of them having a small golden stripe on them. This is my father, Makoto Naegi.

"Welcome home." I greet them smiling. They nod at me, silently approving of what I had said. They quickly slip off their shoes and walk inside. They both take their place on a white couch, facing away from the wall. My father gestures for me to come sit down. I take a seat on an ottoman near the couch.

My father smiles at me and opens his mouth to speak. "How was everything while we were gone?" He asks me. "Everything was alright." I say, a forced smile on my face. "Did you do anything interesting while we were gone?" My mother asks me.

My mind suddenly flashes to The Town, making me nervous. There's no way that I'm mentioning that to them. That'd be like Suicide! "Not much." I answer her. I try and convince myself that my lie sounding convincing. "Alright." She says, somewhat satisfied.

My parents nod at me, allowing me to exit the room. I exit the room, and hurry down to the kitchen.

I'm starving!

I haven't even had breakfast this morning. I notice that our chef isn't in the room. I'm glad that he isn't. I don't really feel like talking right now. I walk over to a brown counter and open it. I quickly grab some ceral and pour some of it into a bowl.

Then, I grab my milk and pour it in. I'm not like those psychopaths who pour the milk first. I shudder at the thought of doing this. Suddenly, I hear shouting from the other room. It was most likely my parents.

It was quite common for them to get into aguements. I sigh to myself, sitting down at a table with my cereal. My parents normally fight, though they believe that couples shouldn't do this. Of course they kept the detail that they do this away from the public. They believe that this might damage their reputation.

I wish that they hadn't married each other. It wouldn't be like this if they hadn't. You see, neither of them were actually in love with the other. They had just been forced into marriage. They used to tell me stories of how they were in love with someone at some point.

(Sorry if you don't ship the following ships! Although, it really doesn't matter because naegiri will still be included in this story!)

For my mom, it was a fine lady named Celestia Lunenburg. My mom described her as cold at first. But once you got to know her she could be quite polite. She had always loved to gamble. In fact, she had made a living off of it. She had absolutely adored tea, demanding it day and night. This made Kyoko have to learn how to make the finest teas. Though she barley made them anymore. I assume that it brings back all kinds of memories. She had described Celestia as the most beautiful woman alive. She had quite a goth style, mostly wearing black. She normally wore a big, black dress with a red tie, to match her eye color. Her hair was always put up into curly drills.

She had adored the way Kyoko looked with a braid in her hair. I assume that's why she always wears it around now.

She had told me that they were going to run away together, and never come back. I wonder what happened to those plans?

For my father, it was a young man named Byakuya Togami. My father described him as the most charming person you'd ever meet. He had light blonde hair, and he wore glasses. He could be quite stuck up, but once you got to know him he was quite kind. Naegi had told me that Togami had a soft spot for him.

He normally wore some kind of black suit with black dress pants. My father said that they were the happiest couple in the world. If that was true then why aren't they together now? The answer is simple, yet complicated. It was simply because of unexceptance.

Unexpectance from family members, to parents, to normal citizens. Homophobia. No one could except them for who they were. If they did, then they were considered freaks as well. All of the pressure suddenly got to them.

Soon, there was no trace of my parent's past relationships. They had always been straight members of society. No more happiness for them. Now they were just like every other bickering married couple, except they were never in love.

Don't get me wrong, Kyoko and Makoto were great friends. They just had never planned to be married. Would you plan to get married to your best friend? They had never romantically interested in each other.

Their parents begged to differ. They said that if was obvious that they had fallen head over heels for each other. This was most likely them trying to cover up their kid's past relationships. They were forced to get married to each other, breaking them in the process.

It wasn't just their hearts broken, it was their faith in humanity. No one could be that cruel as to get in the way of true love, right? Well that's what they thought.

At first, Makoto had persisted on staying together with Togami. He had even kept the whole situation a secret from him. But it was just a matter of time before he found out. After Togami had found out, their relationship crumbled. Makoto still had hope that Byakuya would be more hopeful, but it didn't happen. Byakuya had decided to leave Naegi, breaking his heart in the process. He told him that it was for the best.

(I don't even ship Togami x Makoto anymore lmao)

Kyoko did the same to Celestia. Celestia had said that she understood, but really she didn't. How could Kyoko's family get in the way of her relationship? How could they get in the way of her happiness? In the end, everyone's hearts were shattered. They had cut all of their ties right then. It would be too painful for them to keep in touch, after what had happened.

But those were just stories that my mom and dad had told me when I was younger. They completely refused to speak about them to me now, afraid that something will get out.

Ever since they had told me their heart breaking story, I had vowed to never let anyone get in the way of my true love, even if it meant abandoning all I've ever known. I highly doubted that I would ever be in a situation like that.

Oh, little did I know...

Authors Note-
So, I've really been debating on whether or not to actually post this chapter because of the side ships. It's probably stupid to abandon the side ships now though because of all of the pre-written chapters I have including them in them. Sorry if you dislike the side ships I chose, I just feel as if they could add a bit more spice to the story.