author's note

Hello/Assalamu 'Alaikum

Hello/Assalamu 'Alaikum. Hope you're doing well.

We all know by now that this is the third installment in a series. We also know that Ibrahim and Malika get married by the end of The Golden Girl and she was pregnant all through out FoG. I never explicitly mentioned Malika's pregnancy in FoG because I want that and TGG to remain as standalones. Hope it makes sense.

Remember that this is a culture-focused story rather than a religion-based one. However, I do not intend to use that as an excuse to misinterpret Islam. A lot of the characters' actions and mindset are influenced by their culture and what is deemed acceptable by their society – not their religion.

Also, I didn't particularly base these books on any country, I have just mentioned they live in a Muslim, wealthy Desi community. I have heavily designed their lives taking inspiration from the people of my own country and society – but for the sake of consistency I'll keep avoiding mention of names of any place.

It's been brought to my attention that a lot of you have been under the delusion that Neela Bashir and Neela from Sapphire are the same person. Guys, they are NOT. I accidentally gave two of my own characters the same name and realized it a little too late. The fact that the two women are divorced only goes to show the kind of careless idiot I am. But the only things they share are their names and marital status - their similarities end there. I apologize for the inconvenience.

 I apologize for the inconvenience