The War

Draco watched in fear and utter sadness as Hagrid brought Harry's lifeless body up to the castle. He couldn't be dead, right? He just couldn't. He loves this bloke. This just can't be real. Draco let a tear fall down his face, but he wiped it off quickly. He felt a hand rub his arm and looked up at Luna Lovegood who was staring down at him with a frown. "I'm glad you care about him, Draco," she said in her dreamy, but broken voice.

Draco nodded but what he didn't expect to hear was his mother and father calling him. He looked over at his mother and father who were gesturing him to come over. He knows what he must do to survive, to leave this side. "I'm sorry," he whispered to the other blonde. "I must part here."

He left, leaving her staring down at him with disappointment and he rushed past Volde-fucking-mort to his parents. He had no idea what the red-eyed git wanted from him. Was he going to hug him? How disgusting. He'd never be able to live with having that kind of weight on his shoulders.

Draco hid behind his mother, not wanting to be a part of this damned war anymore. He would rather pitch himself off the Astronomy Tower than have to see Volde-fucking-mort again. Besides, I'd be with Harry anyway, he thought depressingly as he stared down at the ground.

But then the most amazing thing happened. Harry fell out of Hagrid's arms. He's alive! Bloody Hell, he scared the Nargles out of my head! Oh, geez. He's starting to sound like Loony Lovegood now. But anyway, Harry's alive! He gets to go on that date after all!

Draco watched as Voldemort's facial expression turned into something that looks liked it has lost its will to live. He noticed Harry didn't have a wand on him. Of course, he knew what he had to do but didn't know when to do it.

Finally, when Voldemort looked like he was wanting to duel, Draco ran up to Harry and gave him his wand. He ran back to his parents with a smile, not caring if they were angered or disappointed. But, the look in his mother's eyes and the slight smile said otherwise.

"I don't know what that was... but anyway...where were we? Ah, yes," Voldemort said, aiming his wand at Harry.

It's called love, Draco just wanted to say. Love that you'll never be able to feel because of how dark you are.

Draco watched as Harry duelled Voldemort. In his heart, he hoped that Harry will win. That's all he could do right now, hope the darkness will be defeated. Sure enough, after many minutes which felt like hours, it was all over. The dark lord had been defeated.

Draco excused himself from his parents and wandered off into the castle to find Harry. There, in the Great Hall, many bodies lied to rest. He couldn't tell the sleeping ones from the dead ones. This shook him, students' dead bodies in the Great Hall where the feasts used to be. Smiling faces and hungry bellies were no more. Now, it was crying faces, dead bodies and... A dead Weasley?

Draco walked up to the sobbing family of red-heads and there he saw one of the twins' dead. Lifeless. The other twin looked so broken. Apart from him was gone, long gone. Draco felt so sad for all these families who suffered and all the friends that were lost. His eyes laid on Harry's green ones, they both stared into each other's eyes, tearful and bright and they hugged.

Draco could hear Harry letting all the pain and tears come out as he hugged him. He rubbed soothing circles on Harry's back and kissed his temple. He had no idea what to say, what to say to help Harry and comfort him, what to say to the Weasleys. He wasn't good at comforting people. He's had no experience in these kinds of situations. He frowned when looking at the dead twin brother, even Weasel...Ron was crying in Blaise's arms and Hermione crying in Pansy's. Draco had no idea where Blaise and Pansy even came from. He gave them both small smiles and nudged his nose in Harry's neck, smelling Pine and wintery air.