A mother's advice

After painting the entire house, a new colour instead of black, which took around three days, Draco headed up to his room for a long break. While passing all the family portraits on the second floor, he heard a ruffle of feathers. Date was all that came into Draco's mind. He smiled and headed to the owl room. An owl as white of snow with the tiniest black dots on her feathers sat on the porch with a letter in its mouth.

Draco approached the owl slowly and lowered his hand to grab the letter from its beak. He read the letter and smiled.

Draco,

How about a lunch date in London? This Saturday. Meet at the British Museum. I want to show you the whole Muggle world! Oh and, what happened between your dad and Ron's father? Have they come to an agreement on something? Mr. Weasley asked you guys over for dinner on Saturday night which is the day of our date. Can't wait to see you there!

Sincerely,

Harry Potter.

Draco smiled at the letter and held it to his chest. He smelt something odd, he sniffed the letter and it smelled of Cinnamon. It was an interesting smell for a letter. But how does one charm a letter to smell like baked goods?

"Come, Hedwig, if that's your name," Draco said while smiling at the letter. He too couldn't wait. What was he going to wear? He pondered where Harry will take him. "Let's go to my room as there's no quills or parchment to write here."

Hedwig hooted, flew down to the floor and walked alongside Draco to his bedroom. As they both entered Draco's room, Draco headed over to his desk, grabbed a piece of parchment, dipped his quill in the ink and started writing.

Harry,

I'd love to go on a lunch date with you. I'll surely see you there. By the way, I'd love to go on any kind of date with you. Whether it is dancing in the rain, a nice candle-lit dinner, or a dinner under the stars, a picnic in the park. Anything. Also, yes. Mr. Weasley and my father have come to terms with the whole blood-type thing. It was actually my idea. I'll tell you on our date as I don't have enough space to write about it. Can't wait!

Sincerely,

Draco Malfoy.

Draco sighed happily, sealed the letter with the Malfoy crest wax seal and sent it off with Hedwig. He was a little hungry now, so he decided to walk down to the kitchens. He got a whiff of fresh bacon and eggs as he entered. He followed the invisible trail and found his mother cooking lunch, which is very rare to see. He went over to the oven and looked down. "What's with the new scenery?" he asked, staring at the frying pan filled with sizzling bacon and the second frying pan filled with eggs.

"Oh, nothing," Narcissa said while leaning over and kissing her son's forehead. "Just thought I would do something new for a change. The house elves kept telling me that they can make the food for me, but I told them not to."

Draco nodded; he was mainly here for the bacon. He loves his bacon. "When's it going to be ready?" he asked. He was sure if Weasley was here he's be dribbling all over the kitchen floor from this smell of bacon.

"Right about..." Narcissa said and hesitated, waiting for the timer to go off.

'DING!'

"Now." She turned off the stove and dished three bacon slices and three eggs onto three plates.

"Mm," Draco hummed while grabbing a plate and sitting on a stool on the island bench facing his mother. He pondered how long it'll be until Harry's over for breakfast, lunch or dinner. "Smells so good."

Narcissa smiled and decided to change the topic to a more interesting subject. "So, how long have you liked Mr. Harry Potter for?"

Draco shrugged with a blush on his cheeks to the mention of Harry and stabbed his fork into the egg. "I've noticed his... attractiveness since the third year. His hair looks so fluffy to the touch even if it's so messy. But I like it either way. And his eyes, so emerald green and very sparkly when the sunlight shines down upon them. Those lips of his are so soft and definitely so kissable."

Narcissa chuckled at her son so much in love with Harry Potter. Goodness, how long will it be until she's a mother in-law? "Wait, you've kissed him already?" she asked, surprised at this information her son is leaking out to her.

Draco nodded and stared down at the egg on his plate, smiling so much that it hurts. "Yeah, I really enjoyed it. It was like kissing an angel."

"Was it your first kiss, my Dragon?" Narcissa added as she was cutting up her egg and popped it into her mouth.

"Yes, actually," Draco said. He wouldn't deny it to his own mother. "I've just been too caught up in schooling and...his task that I really didn't have any time for relationships of the sort. I've thought about it, but I just didn't have the time."

Draco decided to continue on about Harry as he was cutting his bacon slices into little bits. "When I first met him in Malkin's robe shop, at first, I didn't know who he was, but he seemed really interesting. I had this urge to want to be his best friend but that obviously never happened."

Narcissa nodded, "So, you found him interesting and wanted to be his friend? Anything else? Do you remember feeling anything in your heart when you looked in his eyes for the first time?"

"I felt something, yeah," Draco said with a dreamy smile and a little nod. "But I don't remember what it was. I think my heart fluttered when he stared at me for some time and I think I felt a sudden electric feeling when our eyes locked on one another's."

Narcissa smiled knowingly, "I see."

"Speaking of Harry, I have a date with him this Saturday for lunch," Draco said excitingly and popping another piece of bacon into his mouth. He just couldn't wait. He pondered what Harry was doing right about now.

"How lovely," Narcissa said, smiling warmly at her son. She honestly couldn't wait to meet Harry in person. He sounds like a nice boy, besides the fact that he's popular to the Wizarding World. "Know what you are going to wear?"

Draco shook his head, "Nope." He wished he knew. He literally has a whole walk-in wardrobe that's at least three times the size of a bathroom, so he has plenty to wear. But plenty isn't enough. He needs more.

"Lucius has a stack of high heels in his office somewhere," Narcissa said, a smirk appeared on her face as she knew he liked to wear them around the manor. "Very girly ones too."

"And you want me to what? Wear them?" Draco asked humorously, stabbing five pieces of bacon on his fork. He's thought about wearing heels, but they just seem a little weird to walk in. Shoes with spikes to hold you up. Nah. He knows he's already tall and doesn't need to be taller.

"If you want to," Narcissa whispered, her smirk, if possible, widening with glee. She enjoys having a go at her boys. It's just so entertaining.

"I'm not wearing heels out, mother," Draco said at once and shook his head slowly. "If there was a ball coming up, then yes I would probably wear them. Just... not out in public."

"I can arrange a ball if you would like," said Narcissa, raising her eyebrows with a slight head tilt to the side. Oh, when is the last time she's arranged a ball before? Not since back at Hogwarts when she was on the school committee.

Draco rolled his eyes at her, grabbed his plate, and left the room to eat in silence with nobody to disturb him but the chirps of birds in the distance. "Goodbye, mother."

**********************************************************

🤣 Lucius and Draco wearing heels. Hmm... I... I'll think of something. 

Question: What's your favorite type of foreign food?