Chapter 3

Part 2

By the time Lunch had arrived, three other classes were done in a flash. I made my way to the cafeteria there were already swarms of russet coloured uniforms crowding around the lunch bar.

It seems that no matter the world there will always be a lunch rush.

"Caleb! Caleb, over here!"

I turned to towards the voice and found Anastasia and Stephen sitting down at a table. Giving a last look towards the lunch rush I made my way over to them, taking a seat beside Anastasia.

Stephen pouted. "Why won't you sit beside me?"

I blinked, slightly taken aback. Was- was he lamenting?

"I may not be a girl, Caleb, but at least sit beside me sometimes!"

"Face it! Caleb likes me more than you!" Anastasia had a knack for villainy, is what crossed my mind.

Stephen gasped in horror, his head whipping towards me. "That's not true! Caleb loves me more, right?"

How did things escalate so quickly?

I sighed. "I love you both equally, now please stop standing out. I have a different surname and people will take it the wrong way."

It seemed that everyone that was not busy with their lunch were ogling our table.

I know I would if I had been a bystander.

"Then it's as simple as taking on the name Byron," Anastasia huffed.

"You know I won't take it so easily." I gave her a pointed look.

"Caleb's so stubborn!"

"I agree,"

I rolled my eyes, getting up from my seat. At their questioning, bordering on heartbroken, gazes I pointed to the free lunch counter and deadpanned. "I'm off to get lunch,"

They just seemed to realize that I was without a lunch.

I didn't stick around for their lamenting and possible charity and quickly made my way over the Lunch Lady. "What leftovers do you have, ma'am?"

"Oho if it isn't Caleb dear!" She was a sweet woman that always gave me extra portions for being so patient with the student body. It was always worth it to wait until everyone had cleared. "Today is spaghetti special, the ingredients themselves were imported from across the sea!"

"Sounds yummy! I'll take that and a carton of milk." I beamed.

"Coming right up!"

I was given fresh portions on a neat clean platter and a carton of milk. I don't know whether the milk is processed differently or maybe it had to do with the evolution of the cattle but it was absolutely delicious! It easily climbed up to be one of my favourites.

If I were an actual target, giving me cafeteria milk would definitely give the player points.

Heck I could receive 100 cartons of cafeteria milk and not get sick of it!

... Speaking of targets, weren't the Byron twins supposed to bump into three capture targets in the first week of school?

I sat down at their table, making sure to sit beside Stephen this time, and began eating when I realized how quiet they were. I looked up to see what was going on when I noticed that the table wasn't empty.

In addition to the Byron twins, three more had joined the table.

"Stephen, who are they?" I asked, nudging him a bit.

Stephen gave me a strained smile. "Don't worry about them, Caleb, they aren't anyone worthy to talk to you,"

What a strange way to say that they had no business with me...

I shrugged, pushing the thought out of my mind and proceeded to open my milk carton. I was about to drink out of it when a heavy hand landed on my shoulder.

"So this is where all the affection of the 「Majestic Phoenix」and the 「Secret Prince」goes to, a scrawny wimp, huh,"

It's not like I didn't have insults thrown at me all the time...

Stephen got up from his seat angrily. "You've gone too far, Hartwell! I demand you apologize to Caleb right this instance!"

Hartwell... that surname sounds familiar...

"Or what? Your standing can't even compare to a power like mine!"

This guy was seriously getting on my nerves... I felt extremely irked.

"Of course, but you are merely a student, so your power isn't officially yours," Anastasia spoke up in a cold voice. "isn't that right, Your Highness?"

Ah, so that's the reason why his surname sounded familiar...

Wait.

I mechanically turned my head to take a glimpse of the Crown Prince, Tybalt Canter Hartwell. Just like his game image, he sported incredible looks with the combination of brown hair, parted and contained volume, and blue eyes. His height was above the average male that neared 6ft.

The game developers badly wanted a perfect Prince, huh.

Too bad he was the haughty sort.

Tybalt met my gaze and sneered. "What are you looking at, wimp!"

What basis did he call me a wimp for?

"Kindly remove your hand, Your Highness, otherwise I will not be held responsible to what comes next." I retorted blandly.

His face contorted into a scowl unbefitting of his status and he raised his fist.

I smirked crudely. "Has your status downgraded so much for you to resort to violence, Your Highness?"

A long minute passed before he backed off. I gave him a solemn nod, going back to eating my lunch. His group, that consisted of the Minister of Finance's son, Hugh Cartwell, and the Commander of the First Order of Knights' son, Edgar Courtney, had departed with the fuming Crowned Prince.

I stopped eating and frowned.

Was that it?

Was that all the introduction they were going to do?

Was it that short in the game?

I turned my curious gaze over to Anastasia and Stephen. "By the way, how did you get to meet His Highness?"

"How did we meet him? Any thoughts, Anastasia?" Stephen turned towards his twin.

"I don't remember anything that concerns a haughty and rude Royal," Anastasia huffed, upturning her nose.

I shared a look with Stephen. There was clearly more to the story.

"Say, Anastasia," I picked my words carefully. "is he trying to woo you?"

She didn't say anything but her cheeks puffed in anger.

Ah.

Poor Tybalt went the wrong way about it, whatever way he went about it.