Chapter 4

Part 1

The next week after the confrontation in the lunch room I noticed I was being targeted by childish pranks.

My textbook for Politics class had been snatched after I had returned from the restroom.

My class work had been sabotaged in multiple classes, resulting in me staying being most of the time or after school hours to complete it.

And I would get childish notes scrawled with the most retarded of insults.

Stay away from Anastasia

Cut off all ties with the Byrons

There was something else that poked at my useless magic but I disregarded it.

I was about to crumple the papers and throw them in the trash, but I stopped. My eyes fell on the notes and my lips curled.

If they wanted to play this game, so be it.

For the next two weeks of enduring these nonexistent hardships, I had spoken to the Professors of each of my classes and asked to be in charge in handling the assignments and all the paperwork meant for the class. I needed proof of what I was doing and proof that clearly pointed at my perpetrators.

For that very reason, I painstakingly memorized the class' handwritings. Where they dot their i's or cross their t's, how they slanted their sentences and where they dip in their words.

It was painstaking, yes.

But it was also very worthwhile. My respect to those who had used this in my previous life had shot through the roof.

By the time the third week had rolled in I put my plan into action. I had enough scraps of paper to cover a desk and I was lucky that the desks in Yggdrasil Academy were the desks I were most familiar with, a standard school desk. I made sure to get to class early and brought out my glue.

For the rest of the hour I let my collage making skills take over and covered every single perpetrators desk with their own comments.

I took a step back and admired my work before heading out of the classroom with my bag to enter the restroom.

Now all I had to do was re-enter.

I exited the restroom and took out a notebook that I used in my classes to take notes. The various texts that littered the pages were enough to become a separate published book, clearly I wasn't going to underestimate education even though I have gone through it once before.

"Who the hell would do this sort of crap!"

It was hard not to burst out laughing. I wasn't expecting such an outburst.

Then again, they were just kids that were hitting adolescence.

Hiding a smile, I entered the classroom for the second time that day.

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

Hugh, a teen of average height with golden locks that were gelled stylishly and brown eyes that were eternally laughing, was joking around that morning, as usual. He flirted with a couple girls on the way to class until Edgar huffed.

"Hugh, we are going to be late."

"Relax, there's no way we are going to be late, you're just too stiff!" Hugh laughed off his friend's worry, patting the back of his friend who was a half a head taller than him. Edgar's dirty blonde hair was in a boyish cut and his burgundy eyes, unlike Hugh's, were always serious.