38 | Mane and Tail

Cal woke up that morning to a familiar scent; a sweet, comforting fragrant he knew belonged to his wife. Smiling as he recalled the night before, he draped an arm over her waist and drew her closer to himself.

They pronounced their love to each other last night, they kissed.

And he wasn't plagued by his symptoms.

Even though he was more than willing to proceed to a more intimate gesture, he remembered that Gigi's arm was still recovering and he'd want her to experience the utmost pleasure, knowing he'd screwed up the first time.

As he nuzzled into her silk ebony hair, he felt Gigi sighing contentedly into his neck and soon he was met by a pair of dark umber irises.

"My husband," she greeted, eyes lit up as the sunlight touched them. "You're awake."

"Good morning, darling."

"I didn't tire you out last night?" she jested playfully.

Cal snorted. "We were just kissing, Gi."

"More than anything you've done in weeks," she yawned. Snuggling against the curve of his body, Cal felt himself slowly responding, making her expression morphed into a saucy smile. "Apparently, you're not the only one who awakens."

"Oh," he moaned lazily. "What are you going to do about it?"

"Let's see... Maybe, something that would make last night look very innocent." As she continued to wiggle against his crotch, her face recoiled in a wince caused by her bad arm.

"Told you, it's a bad idea." Shifting away from her, Cal helped her reposition her arm into a better spot. "Better wait a week or two before we start exercising, my love."

"It's too long," she sulked, rising up into a sitting position. "You've made me wait enough."

"Can't argue with that, but you still shall wait for your arm to recover before you can wield them properly," he stated firmly.

"There are ways where I needn't use them. My arm might be injured, Sire, but my legs are not." Feeling her crawl across his legs, Cal watched her wide-eyed as she seated herself right atop of his lap, the hem of her skirt hiked up to her porcelain thighs.

Placing her uninjured arm on her chest, she used it to prop herself up as she grinded herself down on him. Her eyes were locked on his as she continued to sway her hips, both emitting a moan in the process.

As she started picking up her pace, Cal reached up to her spaghetti straps, aching to slip them down her shoulders to bare more of her delicate curves before his very eyes.

Suddenly they heard a loud banging on the door and the panicked sound of a maid announcing Junior's name, before the latter barged through the front doors and towards the bedroom.

Cal quickly placed the straps back in place as his wife rolled off him.

"Father, Mother, good morning!" Junior stormed in happily in his pyjamas, climbing up the bed and into Gigi's lap.

Even though he wasn't used to hearing Junior call Gigi that, it felt so right, like the first time he'd seen her teaching him Prajan language in the library.

"Good morning, Junior," Gigi giggled at the sight of Junior's bed head, tangled up like a bird's nest, and started smoothing it out.

"Junior, you cannot just pop up at the door and jump into our bed. This will be the last time," Cal warned, pulling a blanket over himself to hide his arousal.