twenty five

"My name was Lilith Carrington. I was born in the future, on the 4th of January in 1976.  My parents were killed in the middle of the war by the Dark Lord's followers, called Death Eaters. They killed them off because they refused to join him. But they didn't know that The Carringtons had a daughter. Because they hid me right before they came. So I grew up without parents, instead I grew up with 2 house elves." She started.

"I've learnt magic from a young age, from my family's library. Then I met a young boy. He was 4 years younger than me, and he was famous but he didn't know it. Harry Potter. James Potter's son, who defeated the Dark Lord. The Potters died saving their son. He was abused by his aunt and uncle. So I befriended him when I was 9, and he was 5." She smiled softly, thinking of the small five-year old boy who wore old baggy clothes.

"But then I had to leave for Hogwarts. Harry was left alone once more, so I went home every Christmas to keep him company. When it was time for him to join Hogwarts, I watched out for him. He's dealt with so much since he was 11." She took a deep breath.

"Until, the Second Wizarding War. It all started during Harry's first year when Voldemort attached himself into our DADA teacher. He was trying to steal the Sorcerer's stone. Harry, and his two best friends, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger, along with me, stopped them. But it was Harry who faced Voldemort. Then on Second Year, a Basilisk roamed around the school, again ti was Harry who slayed it. Third Year, an Azkaban Prisoner escaped, and it was just a misunderstanding, really. Fourth year, Barty Crouch Jr. disguised himself as Alastor Moody and entered Harry into the Triwizard Tournament. Where a student got killed, and Voldemort was reborn." She sniffled, thinking about Cedric who she failed to save.

"5th year, no one believed that the Dark lord was back, and a Ministry official took over Hogwarts and basically tortured students. 6th year, Dumbledore died, Death Eaters broke into Hogwarts, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and myself went on the run. We were on the run for over 3 years, and nearly everyone we knew died. Until, Ron died saving Hermione, and we were desperate. We called for Voldemort, He killed Hermione, and he was going to kill me. But what I didn't know was that Harry and Hermione planned without me. We've been researching ways to travel through time without the Time Turner. There was this ancient potion that could send someone to the past. The problem was, we didn't know if it would work, the ingredients of the potions was too dangerous. It was a huge risk. I didn't know Hermione perfected the potion, and it required a sacrifice to be activated. Harry sacrificed himself for me, and the next thing I knew I was reincarnated to the past." She finished her story with a long breath.

"I-Wow, what?" James stared at her with wide eyes.

"Yeah, unbelievable, I know. But if you were wondering why I was so good at my academics, It's because I've done it before, and achieved straight O's my whole life. I became a Potions Master, and a Spell Crafter. That's why I have so many notebooks, and why I have a really complete Potions ingredient set. I make my own Potions, and spells. That's why I passed O.W.L's and N.E.W.T's with straight O's on last year." She told them,

"That was real?!" Sirius exclaimed. "I thought you were pranking us!"Thinking back to the previous year when Lyra showed him and James her N.E.W.T's and O.W.L's result.

"Of course that was real, idiot." She rolled her eyes lightly.

"That's just, wow." Peter stared at him with wide eyes.

'Well, what happened to us?" Sirius frowned,

"I can't tell you that." She shook her head. "It doesn't matter anyways, everything's going to change. Well, everything has changed ever since I got here."

Now that she thought about it, there was no way anything was going to be the same way as it was in her time. She's altered too many things.

"Why don't you look surprised?" Sirius turned to Remus who was affectionately rubbing her shoulders.

"I knew." Remus shrugged.

"You knew?!" Sirius screeched dramatically.

Lyra grimaced at the sound rolling her eyes at his antics.

"Why didn't you tell us?" James demanded, though there was a hint of hurt on his eyes.

"I didn't want to expose the darkness of this world to you." She admitted.

It was true, the only reason she refused to tell them was because they still had the child-like attitude in them. James and Peter was never exposed to the horrors of this world. Sirius-- well, he had enough on his plate worrying about his brother, not to mention his shit excuse of a family.

He found happiness in Hogwarts, in his friends. It was enough to distract him from the pain of being abused by his family. She didn't want to ruin that.

While Remus-- he understood her. He was the most mature out of the four, and he understood the darkness in the world. He understood what was happening outside the walls they felt so safe in-- it was real. He knew that.

That was the reason she confided in him, not anyone else.

And while she did tell Regulus the basics of her past life, she did it because Regulus was a huge part of the war during her time. She didn't tell any of them about the betrayal though, she didn't want to put a strain to their relationship.

She didn't tell them about the other horcruxes she obtained, some things were best kept to herself.

"I told Remus because he understood. He was the most mature out of you four, and I needed his advice." She told them,

"You could've still told us." Peter said quietly,

"No, I couldn't." She smiled sadly.

"We're still young. You're barely adults, this isn't something you should be worried of. But the war-- it's getting dangerous. More so every day, and I need to keep you safe. I can't- I can't lose any of you."