Chapter 17

Small squeaks were coming from the Chilton manor.

    Hannibal wore a plastic suit over his normal one as a forensic counter measure. The plastic rubbed together and produced a squeak for every step.

    Hannibal carried a brown paper bag as he walked down the hallway. Under the dim light, Hannibal checked his watch.

    Fredrick Chilton won't be home till 5:00. And the police detectives won't be here for another hour.

    Jack Crawford was desperate to find the Chesapeake Ripper. So much so that he is revisiting his old leads. He was planning on sending officers here at 4:00 to interview Fredrick. A small chit chat Hannibal had with Alana revealed that.

    Hannibal placed containers of human livers, pancreases, and lungs into fredrick's freezer and fridge. He found his way to Fredrick's bathroom and hid a pair of gloves with one of his victims blood on it. Gloves he previously stole from Dr. Chilton.

    Once Hannibal finished staging the home, he sat back on one of the living room chairs. His hands laid interlocked on his lap.

    While waiting for the police to knock on the door, he thought of his soon to be wife, (y/n).    

    He had his fun playing cat and mouse with Will Graham. But the game was interrupted by a new player. (y/n) took up all of Hannibal's interest. So much so that he got sloppy and Will tried to reveal the truth about Hannibal. He can't risk getting caught. Especially now that he has (y/n). If Fredrick Chilton gets arrested as the Ripper than Jack Crawford will close the investigation and stop digging. And no matter what Will says the FBI won't want to disturb a neatly wrapped closed investigation.

    He's doing all of this for his new family. For (y/n).

    A loud knock came from outside.

    "Dr. Chilton. We're with the FBI. We're just here to ask you some questions." A voice said behind the door, followed by another knock.

    Hannibal open the door. "Please, come in." The agents hesitantly walked inside. "Excuse my outfit. I was just painting the upstairs bedroom." Hannibal smiled while his eyes showed no notable emotion.

    "Who are you?" One of the agents asked.

    "I'm a colleague of Fredrick's. I am helping renovate the upstairs." The lies dripped out of his mouth like honey.

    "We're just here to speak to Dr. Chilton. Do you know where he is?"

    "He should be home in a few minutes. Would you like something to drink while you wait?"

    "No thank you."

    "Do you have coffee?" The shorter one of the two agents asked.

    "Yes. I'll make you some." He walked into the kitchen. The shorter agent followed.

    "How long have you known Fredrick Chilton?"

    "We share the same field of work so I have known him for quite some time." Hannibal said as he went through the motions of making a cup of coffee.

    "How would you describe Dr. Chilton?" The agent pulled out a notepad and pen

    "Fredrick is unlikeable." Hannibal poured hot water over the coffee bean strainer. "His narcissism is almost as disdaining as his stupidity." He stared at the strainer.

    The agent said shocked, "I thought you were good friends with Dr. Chilton."

    "I am nothing of the sorts with him." Hannibal set down the kettle of hot water and froze. His back was still facing the FBI agent.

    "Than why are you helping him renovate his home?" The agent stared at Hannibal's back with complete confusion.

    "I'm not." Hannibal faced the man. The way he said that made the agent shiver. If the kitchen lights weren't on then it would have gone unnoticed. He saw a slight smile on Hannibal's face while his expressionless eyes bore into the agent.

    The man reached for his gun but it was too late. Hannibal threw a kitchen knife into the agent's throat. He tried to yell for help but his quite chokes on blood was all that could be heard. He crumpled to the floor.

    Hannibal stepped over the still warm body and carried the cup of coffee to the next room.

    "You're not renovating the upstairs." The other agent said as he walked down the stairs. His hand already reaching for his gun. He spotted the blood splatter stains his partner left on Hannibal's plastic suit. He started firing.

    Hannibal dove into the kitchen. He grabbed the dead agent's gun and started firing back. bullets flew through the thin walls of the kitchen. Hannibal used the dead body as a shield while he escaped into the dining room. The gun fire stopped. Hannibal glanced around the corner and saw the agent inching towards the kitchen entrance. Hannibal followed behind him. Hannibal's finger hovered above the trigger.

    Hannibal turned the corner into the kitchen to find the agent's gun pointed at him. BANG

    His right arm was hit. His gun fell from his hand. The pain of being shot didn't phase Hannibal. Instead he tackled the agent. The gun flew out of the agents grasps.

    He scrambled for his weapon. Hannibal grabbed him and threw a punch at his face. He fought back. He kneed Hannibal and gained control. Hannibal laid on his back as the agent strangled him. Hannibal felt his airways constrict. The guns and knife were too far away to reach. It took all of Hannibal's strength to lift his head up.

    Hannibal threw his head back and lurched it forwards. His teeth connected with the agent's arm. He swallowed a thick chunk of flesh while blood sprayed on his face. The agent screamed and released Hannibal's neck.

    Anger still consumed Hannibal. He wasn't done. He lunged at the agent and wrapped his hands around his neck. He squeezed and squeezed. The agent clawed while smearing blood all over Hannibal. His grip only loosen after he felt the agent go limp.

The keys in the lock rattled as Fredrick opened his front door. He stopped in his tracks when he heard a dripping sound. He looked to his left to see a small pool of red In his living room. His stare followed drops of blood that continued to join the pool.

    Fredrick's jaw hung when he saw two FBI agents mounted on his wall. He tried to back away but the now closed door caught him. The drops of blood started to drip more aggressively. Then he heard a tear.

    One of the agent's heads snapped off.

~~~

Hey everyone. I'm so glad you're enjoying this story. I don't know if you could tell but the past chapters have been getting shorter and shorter with word count. I just feel very burned out right now. I need some time to find creative motivation. So sorry to all that were looking forward to a new chapter next week. But right now I'm taking at least a month break. a new chapter will definitely be posted before the end of November though. Again, thank you all that have supported this series.