Chapter 19

"Let me get that."

    "Hannibal, I'm pregnant not handicapped." I chuckled. He reached into the cabinet and handed me a plate. "Thank you."

    His hands lingered on my hips. He kissed me.

    I left the hospital 2 weeks ago. I'm 16 weeks pregnant. You can barely see my baby bump when wearing clothes. I still haven't processed the fact that I'm having a child. Of course I always wanted children but this was so unexpected. Hannibal was ecstatic when he found out I was pregnant with his child. He's being even more protective over me ever since.

    "I'll make you lunch" Hannibal told me.

    "No. I can make my own lunch." I chuckled and walked to the fridge. I collected slices of roast beef and made a sandwich. I wolfed down the food but I was still hungry. I dove back into the kitchen to make something else to eat.

    "Let me." Hannibal insisted. He pulled out a bloody bag of meat. He started to cut and chop the meat.

    "What is that?"

    "Calf liver." 

    I responded with a disgusted look.

    "A fetus needs plenty of nutrients. A sandwich not fulfilling your hunger is a sign of that. One serving of liver will meet you're daily recommended amount of iron and vitamins." He said as he sautéed the liver.

    "Will it taste bad?" I looked at the pan hesitantly.

    "No, you'll quite enjoy it." He looked back and smiled at me. "It is best to eat liver raw but we can try that next time." He chuckled as I made a horrified expression.

    He served me the liver on a fancy plate. I slowly cut off a small piece. I watched as red oozed from the meat. I resistantly brought the fork to my mouth. I slowly chewed. My expression relaxed. It actually taste really good. I shoved done the rest of the food and asked for more. Hannibal chuckled and smiled.

Later that day I took a bath with Hannibal.

"I'm thinking of visiting Will." I said as I stared at the bathroom ceiling. I felt Hannibal tense behind me.

    "What for?" He asked.

    I collected a handful of bath water and poured it in my other hand. I watched the liquid fall through the cracks in between my fingers, reuniting with the bath water.

    "He's my friend I haven't seen him in a year."

    Hannibal slid his hands on my stomach. "Do you remember what he did to me?"

    "Of course." I turn around to face him. The water splashed on both sides on the tub. "But he did it because he thought he was protecting me."

    "(Y/n), don't go." Hannibal coldly said. His grip on my stomach tighten.

    "Fine." I turned back around and brought my legs to my chest.

    He poured water on my head and started to wash my hair. The water slid down my bare back.

    "Remember when I first gave you a bath?" He paused for my respond. I didn't give him one. "You had a panic attack after the Chesapeake Ripper came to your house."

    "That feels like forever ago." I stared down while he pulled at my hair and rubbed shampoo in.

    "It does."

    I began to pick at the already chipped nail polish on my fingers. "Hannibal?"

    "Yes my love?"

    "When was the first time you knew you loved me?" I leaned further against his chest.

    He didn't need time to think, "I knew I loved you before you met me. I saw you with Alana outside the FBI headquarters." He played with my hair. "I knew I had to meet you. So I waited for the perfect time to introduce myself."

    "You never told me that." I said chuckling.

    "When did you know you loved me?" He asked.

    "The first time you calmed me down from a panic attack."

    "When was the last time you had a panic attack?"

    "Maybe a couple a months ago. You helped me a lot." I said and looked up at him. He kissed me.

    That night I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I turned over to see if Hannibal was still asleep. But he wasn't there. Suddenly I felt hunger wash over me. I've been so much more hungry ever since I got pregnant. I rolled out of bed and put on slippers and a robe. The night air bit my skin as I shivered.

    I looked back at Hannibal's empty spot on the bed. Maybe he's in his office trying to catch up on work? I walked into his study but his chair was empty too.

    I bit my lip. Where is he?

    My stomach grumbled. I went to the kitchen. I squinted my eyes as the refrigerator lights blinded me. Once my eyes adjusted I looked for more cow livers. There weren't any left. In fact there was barely any meat in the fridge, expect for one bloody bag. I picked up the bag it looked like a heart. Probably belonged to a deer or cow.

    It looked like the heart the Chesapeake Ripper sent me more than a year ago.

    I put the organ back. The negative memory dried up my hunger.

    Out of nowhere I heard Hannibal's voice, "What are you doing up at this hour?"

    I turned around to see him standing at the kitchen entrance. "Where were you?" I crossed my arms.

    "I was staying up late doing work but I realized I left a patient file at my office. I just had to pick it up." He remained poised. Sometimes it was so hard to tell what Hannibal was thinking.

    I glanced down and saw that he was holding a bag.

    "You never answered my question. Why are you up?"

    "I got hungry. I was just looking for something to eat."

    "Then let me make you something." He walked towards the refrigerator.

    I thought back to the heart, "It's ok. I'm not hungry anymore."

    He paused. I could tell he was trying to read me. "Well then, you can go ahead. I'll meet you in the bed."

    The next morning I was looking for breakfast. When I opened the fridge it was fully stocked with new meat.

~~~

Next chapter update will be on Sunday, December 27th. Thanks for reading!