Chapter 3

The next few days go by in a blur.  The idiot crew, my new reference for them, isn't in school the rest of the week.  Evidentially, it was so they can help prepare for the visit, or so Mrs. Farrow said.  I don't know why she felt that she needed to tell us that, maybe it was to put even more emphasis on the importance of this whole thing.  The only point that I cared about what that it meant that I have zero distractions.  If only every day could be this quiet, my Goddess it was bliss!

My days are actually pretty enjoyable and for once I'm sad that school goes by so fast.  But yet it does each day and then I head on to the grocer for work.  Later in the week, we get a pack link message from the Alpha.  There will be a meeting happening that night, which the Alpha wants everyone who can, to attend.  I'm sure it's to welcome our visitors as Mrs. Farrow explained just this morning that they would be arriving soon.  It really is the best week ever since that's yet another lucky break.  Since I work for a human run establishment, I can't be made to leave to go to a meeting.  I should play the lottery at this rate.

Pack meetings are boring.  Unless you are speaking, part of the meeting in some other way, or have a little clique to hang with, it's just a bunch of twaddle.  Yes, I'm probably the only one that doesn't meet a single one of those three, but since the meeting notes are always stored at the Pack House, I can always catch up on what was discussed or the events later.  Plus, anything that would be considered an emergency, like a rogue attack for instance, would warrant an immediate warning through the pack link anyway.

Every bit of this week had been glorious.  So much so that I was actually giddy as I got the stock ready to be placed on shelves.  Not that I'm ever lazy or do less than I should, but I definitely got way more done than I normally do.  Because of that, I finished up a bit early.  I decided to walk by the Pack House versus straight home, just to see if the meeting was over so I could glance over the notes.  As I swept by, I noted that there were still a large number of cars outside and what looked like quite a bit of activity as I looked in the glass at the front doors. 

I had zero intention of going in and running into, oh say, anyone.  Too much twaddle if you ask me.  I'd just get up early in the morning and read up on the events.  I turned and headed into the woods and scooted behind a tree.  I shed my clothes and putting them in my backpack, then shifted into my wolf so I could end the day on a perfect note.

*************************************************

Eli strode out of the pack house.  Trying to escape the stuffiness from inside and hopefully just get a chance to think and relax for a moment.  Being cooped up in that room, surrounded by everyone was not fun.  Frankly, it was outright annoying.

Attending another pack's meeting, just so that they can introduce visitors, is always just a side show act.  Come see the elephant, come look the tiger, oh wow, is that the big bad wolf... it's always the same pony and dog show.  Ooooh, aaahhhhhh, hey hey hey.  Just a bunch of blinking eyes overdone with makeup and raised skirts.  Next thing you know, they'll want to pet the big bad wolf.  I literally give myself a shiver with that thought, knowing that some females would actually try, if given the chance.

I was able to get away for a bit while the Alphas prattled on about the goal of this...summit, or whatever they were calling it.  I stepped outside so I could get some fresh air.  And to get away from the drooling stares of said young and very over eager females.

I took a deep breath, reveling in the natural smells and sounds surrounding their Pack House when I caught the most delicious scent.  It was light, but quite obvious that it was a wolf.  A wolf that smelled of caramel apples.

Mate?   My wolf questioned, getting a bit excited at the prospect.

I don't know.  The scent is just barely in the air, but I know it's coming from someone around here. I say back.