Chapter 4

Aurelia

The day has gone by relatively easy, so far. I haven't bumped into the tour, any visitors or guides, and haven't even caught wind of them yet. Study period comes up and I immediately ask if I can go to the library to finish up some of my other work. The teacher nods and waves me off, just as I thought he would. That might happen to be the other reason that the idiot crew hates me. The teachers tend to let me do whatever they want, whereas even the Alpha and Beta kids still have to obey some rules. There are some perks to being the smart kid.

I get to the library and immediately sequester myself behind some bookshelves to start working on my assignments. A few minutes later I heard Jacklyn's grading voice. Well shit, this day was going so well too.

"The library boasts several private rooms for uninterrupted study as well as a computer center for monitored internet use. Some people try to use the rooms for other things." She lowers her voice saying the last part and I almost vomit in my mouth. I thought that hearing girls talk about seducing guys was bad, but nope, hearing the actual attempt was worse. She sounded like a hooker propositioning someone.

"Hrm, can I look around a bit? I'm sure I won't get lost." An unknown voice asked her.

Obviously, Jacklyn is giving someone a tour. It sounds like it's just one person and with it just being her, it's likely no one of importance. Maybe if I just keep my nose in these books, they won't even bother to slow down. That's my hope at least.

Minutes pass and I hear nothing. I'm pretty far towards the back, near the windows. I start to relax and just focus on my homework, then hear someone behind me.

"Hello there."

I ignore the owner of the voice as they continue trying to get my attention. Then the voice taps on my shoulder. I turned around see a blonde haired, blue eyed, well-built god looking at me. Smiling.

Double fucking shit balls.

*************************************************

Eli

As soon as I entered the library, that scent hit me again. She's in here, I know it. The girl with me, of course, still hasn't stopped talking though. How the fuck can keep this up. It can't be possible for a single person to talk this much!

I've heard that succubus don't have to breathe. My wolf is a smart ass. Funny, but still a smart ass.

"Hrm, can I look around a bit?" She starts to frown at me since I interrupted her, "I'm sure I won't get lost." She pouts and then nods her head. I start to walk away from her, quickly I might add, toward the source of that wonderful scent. I had finally cornered it...or her, hopefully, and I wasn't going to back down until I found who it was attached to.

I dance around bookshelf after bookshelf until I get to the very back corner of the library. The windows back here look out to the beautiful forest. It's an amazing view that's only heightened by what else I see. There on the floor is this small girl with long brown hair, bent over her books. She doesn't move as I approach.

"Hello there." I see her tense as I say the words, but she doesn't respond.

*Cough* I try to get her attention a few more times by coughing or making other small sounds. Nothing seems to be phasing her. No response at all. Finally, I squat down next to her and tap her on the shoulder.

She quickly spins around and looks at me, pausing a moment before she looks me dead in the eyes. I was hopeful that she realized she was mine until she spoke. "Can I help you?" Pale blue eyes stare straight into my soul.