Chapter 4

Kaede knew she hadn't been this scared in all her life. Granted everything Shuichi said was true and Kaede knew they had to talk to Monokuma about the class trial but the fact that Kaede's life and the death of her classmates lingered on Monokuma's decision and her stupid mistake was weighing a toll on her. Kaede was gripping Shuichi's hand the entire walk as they attempted to find Monokuma.

"Dammit," Shuichi said. "We have been searching for minutes and still no sign of him. I don't know how much time we will even have to investigate. Maybe we should-"

"Maybe we should try the library again," Kaede interrupted him. Honestly, she didn't think the library would be any help, but she couldn't bear to hear the words "maybe we should just give up" come out of Shuichi's mouth. "Come on," Kaede said, forcing a smile. "We can't give up yet, everyone is counting on us. Besides, they are doing their best to investigate Rantaro's death so let's trust them to do that. We can do this, Shuichi."

"Alright," Shuichi sighed. "Let's go back to the library."

The walk to the library was a lot longer than Kaede remembered but after what felt like hours, they finally reached the big doors.

"Alright, come out Monokuma, please it's an emergency," Shuichi called as he and Kaede entered the library. There was no response, just silence echoed through the library. Shuichi cursed under his breath. "Why is it whenever we need to see this stupid bear he's never around."

Just as Shuichi and Kaede were about to return to the library's entrance, they heard a high pitched voice bellow throughout the library.

"WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM ME," Monokuma shouted as he appeared in front of them. "CAN'T YOU TELL I'M NOT IN A GOOD MOOD."

"Look," Shuichi began. "We have a request that has to do with the class trial. I think you'll like it because it involves the class trial still going on."

Monokuma's ears perked up. "Alright, go on, you have my full attention."

"Kiyo mentioned this over in Kirumis lab, but we would like to request the class trial to still be in effect. The only difference is the person who attempted to kill Rantaro won't die. We would like to attempt to find an attempted murderer without an execution. The class trial is the easiest way to expose that. You'll, in the end, be getting your entertaining trial but I know it's not exactly the way you intended it but-"

"I'll allow the request," Monokuma interrupted. Kaede blinked thinking she misunderstood the bear words, only for the bear to continue.

"Honestly after what happened today, I need something to keep me entertained, and the class trials death or not always gives me a smile on my face. As long as the rule still applies tho, if you can't find the correct killer then everyone dies, alright?" Monokuma said, putting out his paw in front of Shuichi. "Deal?"

"Deal," Shuichi responded, shaking the bear's hand. "I know for a fact we won't lose."

Monokuma smirked at his reply. "Anyways rules still apply, please investigate until I say times up."

"Actually, there is one more thing I need to ask," Shuichi said s monokuma was about to head out the door.

"What now?"

"We would like Miu and Angie to stay with Rantaro during the class trial. I know it's a lot to ask but in case something does happen to Rantaro we need someone there to help in case of emergency. Normally only one person would do but just in case one of them is the killer we can't leave them alone."

"Hmmmmmm," Monokuma thought for a long time. "...fine. However my rule still applies. If he dies whoever touches him last gets axed. No exceptions."