「 Chapter 17 」

•••●•••

Your heart race widely inside your chest as both you and Dazai rush towards the location of Mimic, the two of you arrive in an old fashioned building and quickly dash inside. 

From all around there were dead bodies on the ground, but you could care less about them and just hope not one of them was the redhead. 

Your breathing was ragged as you ran as fast as you can, up the stairs through a large hall, and finally, you and Dazai had reached inside a huge room where a lot of bodies laid.

But your eyes were focused on the male standing in the middle who not long drop to the ground, without a second to waste, you and Dazai sprinted inside shouting his same.

"ODASAKU!!"

Dazai's coat had flown off his shoulder as the two of you ran towards the redhead but the two of you paid no mind to it. Dropping to his sides, Dazai slowly sits him up to face the two of you.

Your heart throbs painfully as you look at Odasaku's face. Dazai who had taken his hand away stares at it to see it stained with blood. Odasaku's blood. He clenches his fist tightly as you shut your eyes tightly trying to keep your tears.

"I can't believe you..." Dazai said

"Your such an idiot! I told you don't do anything stupid!" You let out as Odasaku weakly responds.

"Yeah...I know..."

"Why did you give him what he wanted"Dazai said as he took a glance at Gide's body that was bleeding out.

"Dazai, [Y/n] I have something...I need to tell... to you two" Hearing this made your heart throbs even more as you slowly shook your head in denial.

"You can't! Not like this!"Dazai lets out as you felt tears at the corner of your eyes.

"You can tell us all about it later! Your going to make it! So don't talk like you're--" You stop in midsentence as you felt Odasaku's hand on your face.

"Listen you two" Odasaku said lowly as he looks at the two of you who were shocked but remained silent.

"Remember how the two of you told me...that you two subjected yourselves in violence and bloodshed? Because it might help the two of you find some reason to exists?" 

"Y-yes we did..." You replied 

"But who cares about that right now!" Dazai stated as Odasaku looks at him.

"The two of you won't find it" He said making you and Dazai freeze as Odsaku looks at the two of you.

"Deep down the two of you know it's true, whether you two are on the side who kills people or in the side that protects them. The two of you won't find what you two are seeking. Nothing in this world will be able to fill this loneliness inside you two, try as you two might darkness will always be there" Odasaku said 

There was silence as the only thing that was heard was yours and your brother's silent cries before Dazai managed to speak up.

"Odasaku...tell me what should we do?"

"Be someone who protects people, if both sides are the same to the two of you then become good people and protect the vulnerable, help out some orphans. I know that the concept of good and evil means much to both of you. But at least it will make both of your world's beautiful"

Odasaku said softly as you felt tears stream down your face as you lifted your hand to hold his that was cradling your face.

"You can't know that..." You whimpered trying to fight back a sob as Odasaku gives you two a weak smile.