day 13- death

sorry in advance.

Fifteen-year-old Marinette Dupain-Cheng, also known as Ladybug and the Guardian of the Miracle Box, woke up at 2 am to her phone vibrating, the screen displaying Bruce

Fifteen-year-old Marinette Dupain-Cheng, also known as Ladybug and the Guardian of the Miracle Box, woke up at 2 am to her phone vibrating, the screen displaying Bruce. She blearily hit accept, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Hello?"

"Ladybug. I need your help. I'm not going to reach him in time." Batman's gruff voice snapped her out of her sleepy haze. Marinette leaped off her bed, opening the miracle box.

"What happened?"

"Joker has Robin. I'm not going to reach the warehouse in time. I'm sending you the coordinates, teleport in there and do whatever you need to save him."

Marinette swallows down the fear that arises when she learns that the killer clown has Jason. Her Jason. She snatches the horse and the turtle for protection, then grabs the black cat just in case. Adrien was stripped of it after Gabriel was arrested. He didn't deserve it anyway.

"Understood. I'm hanging up now." Marinette ends the call and puts on the miraculouses, ignoring the trembling of her fingers.

"Kaalki, full gallop. Wayzz, Kaalki, merge." Her boomerang beeps with the coordinates.

"Voyage." Emerald Stallion leaps through the portal, coming out inside a warehouse. A red bundle is leaning up against the door, most likely locked, and- oh my gosh that's Jason.

"Robin!" She rushes over to the vigilante. Robin is covered in blood, and she could hear the wheezing from across the warehouse. She taps her yoyo, hacking Batman's comm frequency. "This is Emerald Stallion. I have Robin. Joker is nowhere in sight. His injuries are very severe. I'm not a medical professional, and do not want to risk moving him."

Batman's voice is tense. "I'm still ten minutes away at my top speed. Stay with him."

"Ma... rinette?" Robbin breathes, chest heaving with the effort. Emerald Stallion nods, carefully removing his mask to better assess his injuries.

"It's me, mon oiseau. I'm here to take you home, alright?"

"Bomb. Not... not gon' make it." Robin wheezes between breaths, then chokes. Blood spatters the ground and the front of his already blood-soaked uniform as he coughs.

"Plagg. The bomb." Emerald Stallion says sharply. The kwami nods.

"On it. Cataclysm!" The bomb disintegrates. Stallion gently strokes Robin's cheek.

"You're gonna be okay, Jason. Everything's going to be okay."

Robin shakes his head weakly, then whimpers at the pain. "No. Tell... Bruce n' Alfred n' Dick..." He winces before coughing up more blood. "N' the team..."

Emerald Stallion knows that the amount of blood he's lost is severe, that his injuries are life-threatening, that Robin most likely won't make it through the night. Still, she shakes her head. "You're not going anywhere, mon oiseau. Please. You- You can't die."