Chapter Eight - Beach Day

~

Layla's POV

~

I'm now realizing how right Anna was about the kids using Reece's promise of the beach against him while I'm with them. They're smart. Which is how we end up driving to the beach for a day out.

When we arrive, everyone jumps out of Reece's car, grabbing their things. Liam pulls into the parking space beside Reece, pulling a cooler filled with drinks from the trunk of his car. We all make our way down to the beach, finding a nice, shaded spot underneath some trees to lay out our towels.

Once I have laid my beach towel out, I sit down on it, kicking my flipflops off my feet. Anna lies down beside me, Liam on the other side of her. He starts digging through the cooler he's brought as the kids start giggling and running around on the sand.

"Anyone want a drink?" Liam asks, turning to look at Anna and me.

"Do you have water?" I sit up on my elbows to look at him.

"Sure do." He tosses me a bottle and I thank him, cracking the seal, and taking the cap off to have a sip.

Sophie stumbles over to us then, sitting down between Anna and me. "Can we go for a swim?"

I laugh, "Already?"

She nods excitedly, looking between the two of us.

"I'll take you, Soph." Reece tells her, coming to stand in front of us with his back to the ocean. "Do you have sunscreen on?"

"Uh huh!"

He smiles a little dimpled smile, "Alright then."

Then he takes his shirt off. And may I just say... He is fine, fine. Fúck me, he has abs and everything. His swim shorts hang low on his hips, showing a defined v-line which disappears behind the band of his shorts. Tattoos cover almost his entire upper body and it is clear he has no plans of stopping the expansion of his collection. They are absolutely beautiful, and I want to memorize every one of them. His abs are partially hidden by his many tattoos, but it is very clear that they are there.

He steps forward and takes Sophie's hand in his much larger one, leading her towards the water. Macy and Cody both run after them, Macy grabbing his other hand while Cody runs straight for the water.

"You done ogling my brother?" Anna asks from beside me, making my head snap to her. A smirk is dancing on her lips.

"I was not!" I defend myself, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"You were so." She argues.

"No, I was just... admiring his tattoos." I say. It isn't a complete lie.

"So you weren't staring at his abs?"

"Well, he does have a nice six pack, but-"

"Eight." She cuts in.

I furrow my eyebrows, "What?"

Her smirk deepens as she stands up, "He has an eight pack, not a six pack." Taking off her shirt, she gently knocks Liam's side with her foot to gesture for him to stand up.  After she takes off her shirt and Liam takes off his as well, they both run down towards the sea.

I huff, leaning back, and shaking my head, "Dámn." I turn my head to look at Max who is sitting beside me, scrolling through his phone. "You gonna come for a swim?" I ask him as I stand up, taking off my shirt. He looks up and nods immediately, slipping his shirt off as I take off my shorts. I'm left in just my blue-grey bikini.