❤︎ 8. Wʜᴇʀᴇ Fᴀᴛᴇ Lᴇᴀᴅs ❤︎

After running away from the castle, Merid rode his horse, Angus towards the forest as his mind replayed everything his mother said and the heartbroken look on y/n's face

Suddenly his horse started to run aimlessly and stopped causing Merid to fall in the ground.

"Angus!"

Angus neighed as he was telling Merid to get away from there and stood far away.

Confused, Merid looked around him and saw he was sitting in the middle of a Ring of Stones. He slowly stood up and looked back at Angus who was anxiously waiting to get away from the place.

Merid turned back as he heard a soft whisper and a blue light caught his eyes. He furrowed his eyebrows and took a step towards it the blue light formed a shape.

Merid gasped, his eyes widened when he realized what it was – A Wisp. Like the same one which led him to the love of his life years ago.

He walked to it and held out his hand to touch it but the wisp disappeared then a trail of will o' appeared through a dark path.

He looked back at the horse, "come on, Angus!"

Angus let Merid know his disapproval by hiding behind a stone wall.

"Agnus!" Merid called out again as the horse shook his head in fear.

Merid huffed and turned back to follow the wisp , "If you come with me I will tell y/n that you were Brave and helped me to find the wisp. Imagine how impressed she will be."

He rolled his eyes a second later when he saw his horse now gained his courage and following him.

Looked like he has a competition to gain his girl's love.

🏹

Slowly and cautiously Merid and Angus followed the trail of will o' the wisps which led them deeper into the woods.

They stopped as the wisps disappeared and noticed they were in front of a small cottage.

"Why the wisps lead us to here." Merid wondered loudly.

He warily opened the cottage's door and walked inside and saw-

Hundreds of wood carvings of bears were hanging in the ceiling and few scattered across the floor.

Merid heard small sounds of thumps and looked around to find the source.

"oh! Look around!" a voice told behind him.

Startled, He turned around, gasping and saw an old lady was making wood carvings.

"You holler if you see anything you like. Everything is half off." The lady offered, smiling.

Merid looked around the carvings. It's kind of discomforting for him to see so much bear stuff. "Uh...who are you?" he asked.

"Just a humble woodcarver." The old lady answered cheerily now weeping the floor with a broom.