Chapter 4: Adonis and Sparks.

B E C C A 

My morning classes pass by a breeze, and I meet no one cheery enough to come up to me and talk until lunchtime. 

The cafeteria is much easier to find than classrooms because almost everyone leaves the rooms after the bell rings and moves in groups to this spacious double-door room.

The media arts class was a pretty fun class. Ms Fiona, my teacher, is pretty good and made my first-class notable. 

Not watching my steps and paying much attention, I collide with someone else now.

Again? Ugh!

Note: pay attention to people if you don't want to die of embarrassment.

However, the impact seems much more robust, and I stumble back toward the floor. Startled, I gasp and close my eyes, waiting for my butt to collide with the polished floor. I dare not open my eyes when I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and pull me to a hard chest, and I can feel colour crawling across my face.

"Are you okay?" the guy speaks in a deep voice. 

My eyes flutter open, and I notice his hard-bodied chest and biceps under that tight greyish-black t-shirt.

I crane my neck to look up and into his eyes.

Woah! He's so tall. Simply just towering over mine, he must be over 6'1. Also, the guy is an actual living example of an Adonis—the most handsome. His dark brown hair sweeps to the side as it falls over his dark brown eyes. Everything about him screams mystery to me. But a fascinating mystery. I adore secrets and love to solve them. That's why thrillers and detectives are my favourite genre, apart from horror.

Locking my gaze with his feels like I am just losing myself deep into those brown orbs and so deep that the way out of them seems impossible. It feels like a spotlight falls on him as if he is the male drama's lead. I open my mouth several times, but no words come out. I am completely speechless and lost, noticing how he still protectively holds me against his tall and rugged frame.

He radiates too much heat, but it feels good to be close to him. What the fuck. I blink back to reality and step back from his grasp. I shudder under his gaze when somebody screams, "Becky!"

I turn my head at the intruder.

Dakota!?

I mentally groan and glance at the guy, but he vanished. I frown. Did he leave already? Dakota then squeals and jumps in front of my eyes.

"Hey, again."

I fake a smile.

"Let's go to our table," she says.

"Our table?" She shakes her head and grabs the hem of my jacket instead of my wrist. "Everyone here has their tables reserved. As a High School Musical sort of thing..." she begins to walk through the aisles, dragging me behind. "... the status quo?" Why am I letting her do this? I am supposed to stand in the queue and take my food first.

"Exactly." She beams. "... anyway, I want you to meet my friends." I notice how popular this bubbly girl is. People are calling out on her, greeting her and stuff. She radiates her cheery self in the same manner that the guy emits mystery. By the way, I still wonder where he went so fast. The crease on my forehead deepens as Dakota talks nonstop and lets go of my arm.

I quietly follow her behind.

"You seem popular..."

Dakota throws her head back and giggles. "Not."

I don't press the issue further. I nod when the two of us reach a table in the corner. It's a huge one with almost thirty people all over it.

Dakota then announces when the two of us reach her friends, "Guys, she's the one I was talking about."