Chapter 5: My Mate, A Human!?

N A T H A N 

I leave the cafeteria and stay on the other end of the hallway.

That intoxicating scent that I could smell all day, it was hers? I can't believe that tingly feeling when I touched her and saved her from falling— Ha, I told you. I told you our mate is here.

That's my wolf. He is called Perseus, a very cocky and arrogant spirit.

I roll my eyes at him.

That human scent, that human touch, it was hers. Becca.

Perseus growls and sounds elated. I mean, we finally found our mate, but she's a human.

Humans are weak, and any beast can easily crack their necks, yet they think of themselves as everybody's superior and have ruined every other being's life on this planet.

This girl belongs to the kind who believes love is fast and easy; everything happens in seconds, whether it's love or marriage or divorce. These people don't care about feelings or the joy of being with and loving one person. There is no guarantee that she wouldn't turn up like the other girls who shamelessly throw themselves at me.

But I am not interested. Unlike these petty and weak humans, The Alpha of the Blue Hounds pack is a virgin, unlike these insignificant and powerless humans, because I have been saving myself for my mate. I believe in love and love only one person in my life. I thought I was like those unlucky ones without a mate, but now I know.

My mate did exist.

I punch a fist into a wall, but why did the Moon Goddess give me a human as my mate? I clench my jaw, growl and begin to punch harder—severely damaging the school property.

Her Californian-tanned skin, those blonde tresses tied in that bun, how my fingers ache to untie them and watch them cascade down her back, and those big, bluish-green innocent eyes were looking around inquisitively. I slow down while breathlessly catching my breath. I stare at the damage caused as a faint smile appears on my face.

So what if she's a human, right?

She's beautiful, and she is my mate.

Perseus howls excitedly. The thought of finally calling someone mine and holding her in my arms, protecting her from all vices .... I feel the blush creeping down my face. My smile broadens, and I take a deep sigh of relief. I begin to remember her face as I lean against the lockers.

Alpha.

That's Ethan.

What?

What's going on? Dakota asks.

Alpha, we all are confused here, Aaron voices his confusion.

Sarah intervenes. Not everyone, babe. Just you, but Alpha, what do you mean? Is Becca our Luna?

It feels nice to hear that. I smile.

Is she, huh? Skylar murmurs.

I take a deep breath and reply to them, Becca is.

The mind-link chat fills with gasps and squeals of surprise, excitement, and congratulatory messages.

Woah, Becca's cute. Congratulations, Alpha, for finally finding your mate.

Perseus yelps.

Accept her, understand!

WTF!!! I growl. Care to explain, Skylar, why I won't accept Becca?

We all know you wanted someone more vigorous, but humans are weaker than us.

I purse my lips.

Yeah, I don't believe that anyone's weak. People show their strength differently.

I roll my eyes and scoff. You are saying that because you don't want me to reject Becca, right, D?

Ooo, I got caught. But yeah, I like Becca. She seems sweet.

Ethan intervenes. Alpha won't reject Becca. We also know how much he desired to be in love.

Oh, yeah! So much so that he saved himself for his mate. They snicker in the mind-link.

Well, but Becca might reject Alpha, if not him.

Hey, Sky! What makes you say that? Don't say that!

I growl.

My heart momentarily sinks. Becca can reject me, and that rejection's suffering is far worse than anything. One can die. The immense pain our wolves feel would make us disappear and become a part of nothingness.

What? So, don't dare to hurt Becca. Make her swoon and win her heart. Be respectful and gentle. Let her fall in love with you naturally.

I put the mind link on hold and stare at the wall. 

I don't want to let Becca go. The scene where I stomped out of the cafeteria flashes into my mind. 

Ugh! 

 I'll have to be careful from now on. 

I must be friendly and approachable for her to open up and fall in love with me.

B E C C A

Woah! That was weird. 

I blink back to reality. 

It slightly hurts how Nathan stomped off. Did I do something to piss him off? Or was it my mere presence that irked him? 

I sadly sigh and look at my reflection in the bathroom mirror.

Dakota enters in, and our eyes meet. With a gentle smile, Dakota walks toward me. "Hey..." "Hello," I say. Dakota sighs, "Oh, sorry about Nathan. He had something to do and just stomped off." Oh. But why did he look so pissed?

Dakota coughs up, "Nathan had something to do and...." "Oh, it's okay! I understand." I fake a smile at her.

"Oh, you do?" Dakota asks.

I nod and then explain, "He must have been in deep thought. I am like that when I try to think about what I have forgotten, and when I do remember, it's nothing but PanicVille inside my brain."

"Oh, yeah!" Dakota scoffs and then relaxes with a sigh. "Exactly... that!" she awkwardly chuckles and then looks at me.

I frown when the bell rings. I grab my bag and turn to her, "Well, we should go now...."

Dakota blinks out of her reverie and beams, "Sure, but can you wait while I do a little touch-up, huh?"

"Okay!" I nod as I watch and listen to her admiringly.

The two of us make our way to the next class, talking and listening. I don't do this often, but having someone talk to or listen to them here feels nice. I faintly smile as we enter our classroom.

^^^

I see Nathan as rough and strong from the outside but a big softie inside. Initially, I thought about Daniel Sharman. Yes, the guy played Issac in Teen Wolf and Kol/Kaleb in The Originals. I love that guy, and he seems perfect. Doesn't he?