! 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐁𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄-

-In the sewer he called home. It was nicely decorated. Bookshelves and chests lined up against the walls, two chairs and a table and in the other room there was more tables but with things like brewing stands and flowers on it. Ghostbur didn't spend too much time down here alone, he liked going up to the surface and secretly watched people, of course he wouldn't be caught, for he was a mere ghost. He could show himself and disappear, he would always go through things however there was one strange detail, he could hold and touch things that had some sort of connection to him. Like his weapons, books he wrote, etc. Ghostbur didn't like the last bit, he knew he had some sort of serious past that he didn't remember but he's always thought that it's better if he just doesn't know.

Ghostbur played with the book in his hands, he had wrote it and this book was special to him. It had things that he did remember from before his death. He read over the words over and over again, none of these seemed really bad and he thought that if he could remember the positive things, he could remember even more positive things. Well there was a few exceptions, he had remembered three things that were rather odd..

"Phil protecting me, a large explosion, Philza stabbing me to death with a sword."

Ghostbur was wondering why he remembered these three details but not the other bad things. "Phil protecting me" seems pretty normal but how it's followed by an explosion and then Phil murdering him was strange. Not only that, whenever he read over the words, a feeling developed inside of him. Ghostbur read the words over and over, what was this feeling? What was this big explosion? Was it the huge crater underneath New L'Manberg? Why did Phil protect him and then stab him?

Ghostbur didn't want to remember these memories but just these three ominous phrases really through him off and he wanted to know more, but obviously, nobody would tell him in fear of what would happen next. Like, how do you tell a ghost who doesn't remember much that he had exploded his own nation and then get killed by his father? He looked at his hands, his cold, pale, transparent hands were shaking. However, he tried to brush it off as some ghost thing, knowing full well that ghosts don't shiver in fear or whatever this emotion was. Ghostbur sighed, deciding to head back up to where Phil and Tubbo were. He flew up, phasing through the roof of his sewer house. It was nighttime, the stars were shining ever so brightly which made Ghostbur feel like Wilbur, alive. He had also noticed the Chinese lanterns scattered across the sky, man were they pretty. Ghostbur remembered why he came up and looked for the two that he was searching for. He spotted Tubbo and Philza walking together on the path. Ghostbur smiled a swiftly flew himself over to them. The two both felt a sudden chill when Ghostbur had appeared in front of them.

"Hello!" Ghostbur quietly said to the pair. Phil smiled and greeted him, Tubbo did the same. "What are you two up to?" Ghostbur asked, floating behind Tubbo. "Well, we're kinda worried that someone from the anti-government side is gonna come and assassinate me-" Tubbo explains but Phil cuts him off at the end, "So we're building a trap." Ghostbur nods his head, "Good idea!" Phil and Tubbo made their way down the path and stairs, now residing in the crater under the big group of buildings. Ghostbur got the same feelings from those three memories when he looked into the crater, he didn't like it at all. Ghostbur sat in the air, trying not to get near the crater for he disliked it, when all of a sudden, a creeper dropped down from the hill and exploded on it's own. Ghostbur gasped at the sudden blinding light and covered his eyes with his arm but, it didn't do much. He let down his arm and looked at the new creeper hole. He was about to tell Tubbo and Phil that a creeper had exploded but he noticed that there was a hidden room where the creeper had exploded. Slowly, Ghostbur inched closer to the hole, he saw signs placed around the half blown up room. Tubbo and Phil who had heard the explosion came running up the stairs and to the hole, in fear that something bad had happened. 

"My L'Manberg," Ghostbur said in a cold voice as he read out one of the signs. Ghostbur turned to Tubbo and Phil who stood behind him. "What is this?" Ghostbur asked. The two looked shocked, eyes wide and jaws dropped. "Uhh," Tubbo starts to say, he turns to Phil to see what to do. Phil who is at a lost for words just mumbles to Tubbo, "Do we tell him?" Tubbo stared at the winged man beside him, nodded his head hesitantly and looked back at Ghostbur. Ghostbur had taken the hint, "This sounds like a really important thing, I don't really want to have that chat right now," Ghostbur says as casually as he can before floating off back to his home. As he flew away, he could hear the quiet chatting of Tubbo and Phil. "I sealed this place off awhile ago," Tubbo says as he tries to find something to block the opening for now. Ghostbur was now too far to hear anything. "This was the place where Wilbur had blown up L'Manberg and told me to kill him. I tried my best to protect him," Phil said, tears slowly forming in the corners of his eyes.

.

.

.

Back in Ghostbur's sewer home, Ghostbur searched for where he had put his book from earlier. He looked through his chests but the book wasn't there but he found the small book inside of his bookshelf. Ghostbur sighed heavily, opening the book and flipping through pages, getting back to those three memories that he had written down. They had some connection to the big crater and now that secret room. He knew he had been in that room before. He stared blankly at the words when something had appeared in his mind. That was the same room where he remembered he had died in and the same room where he had heard that loud explosion from behind him. The signs on the wall still haunted him, they were the lyrics to L'manberg's anthem. "I heard there was a special place," he started singing, "Where man could go and emancipate."

"The Tyranny and bloodlust of their rulers."

"Well this place is  real, you needn't fret."

"With Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, fuck Eret."

"A pretty big and not blown up L'Manburg."

The words were different. Some words were just barely changed from the original version, but Ghostbur had never remembered ever singing or hearing this version of the song. So why did he know it so well? The old version and new version didn't have the line "Fuck Eret" because Eret hadn't betrayed them yet and he had gotten redemption for handing off the crown to George. The change in the song isn't what bothered him, what bothered him was when did he write it. The feeling inside of Ghostbur only grew. Finally he realized it.

Why was he happy?

He was happy about the big explosion. He was happy about the huge crater left underneath New L'Manberg. He was happy that his dear brother Techno ran off and was trying to kill Tubbo. And why was he happy about the fact that Philza, his own father, had stabbed him straight through the heart? It all came back to that room and his forgotten memories.

He started to remember, fire, TNT, more explosions, withers, betrayal and bloodshed. It was to much for him to piece together, he wish he could've forgotten it all.

.

.

.

1345 words

Well this took a weird turn. Or not weird but it's not what I was planning, just wanted the chapter seem a bit longer rather than ending it at the part where he leaves the TNT room. Oh boy do I have a flood of ideas now :)