Chapter 2

3rd Person POV w/ Damien

It was Damian's 17th Birthday. Alfred made Damian's favorite breakfast and his siblings were trying to figure out a way to get him to celebrate his birthday and not treat it like a normal day. "We could surprise him or something." Stephanie suggested that. "A prank?" Jason. They were running dry on ideas and they just settled on trying to coax Damian to try and go out. Bruce even took the day off to celebrate with his son. 

They all went to his room and opened the door. They sneaked in and saw something they were not expecting. Damian softly talking to a photo with tears running down his cheeks. "I miss you, ukhti. I'm 17. Remember our last birthday? We played the best prank ever. Things truly aren't the same anymore. I miss you so much." They were all worried now. 

When did Damian talk to pictures? Jason whispered, "Ukhti means my sister in Arabic. This is probably someone close to him." They nodded. They were all wondering the same question. Who would Damian call my sister? Tim bumped into a dresser and Damian's head shot up and in their direction. They watched him wipe his face and took a deep breath. Jason was the one with the most courage at the moment. 

"Who is in the photo that you would call Ukhti?" Damian froze and they say heavy pain in his eyes. That worried them more. He mumbled something but they couldn't figure out what he said. "What?" He clenched his hands. "My twin sister." That made them silent. Damian has never been more grateful for Alfred. "Perhaps we should give Master Damian his space. He will come down when he his ready." They all nodded and left the room. 

Damian sighed and started fiddling with his charm. Something he did when he was anxious. He really missed his sister. He sighed and decided that he might as well go to the table. He can't avoid it forever. He changes out of his pajama's and into regular casual clothes. His heart his pounding frantically. 

He makes it downstairs and there was tension in the air. In his seat there was his favorite breakfast. "Thank you, Pennyworth." "Your welcome Master Damian." He started eating but could feel his families stares on him. He sighed and set down his utensils and looked at them all. "If you have questions you can ask. Just don't get them too personal." They nodded. "What was she like?" Barbara. "She was really sweet and funny. She had a big imagination. She was a really good assassin and was able to beat the best assassin, Lady Shiva, when we were 9 years old. She was 15 minutes older than me but she was a really good sister." He had a happy look in his eyes but there was also sadness and pain. He missed his other half. 

What was her name?" "Marinette." "What did she look like?" Jason. "Here." He handed them his photo and they stared at it. They looked around 7 years old. Damian looked the same and the girl looked a little different than him in her eyes and skin color. They both had smiles on their face and holding matching katanas. 

Dick was having a hard time containing his squeals because of how cute they looked together. Bruce was trying to figure out if he could locate her. The girls she was absolutely adorable. Jason was trying to believe if the boy smiling was actually Damian. Tim thought he was hallucinating and kept thinking that he needed more coffee.  

Damian was getting anxious to get his picture and started clenching his fists. They handed him the photo back after 5 minutes of pure torture. He let himself breathe and made a mental note to make sure the photo wasn't damaged. He was going to kill someone if that actually happened. Bruce decided to ask the question Damain hoped he wouldn't ask. "Do you know where she is?" Damian practically deflated at that question. 

Damian was silent trying to figure out how to word it without breaking down. "I-i don't know where she is. I haven't seen her since we were 10. I'm not even sure if she is alive." He just hung his head and stared at the ground intently trying not to cry. He felt someone wrap their arms around him and he didn't even try to fight it. He honestly needed it. He buried his head in the crook of their necks and let his tears escape. 

Dick felt something wet on his shirt and realized Damian was crying. He hugged his little brother tighter and everybody could feel the sadness rolling off Damian in waves. They knew exactly what they were going to give Damian for his birthday. They were going to prove she was alive. They all had some digging to do. 

Damian ended up falling asleep on Dick after he finished crying. He carried Damian to his room and carefully laid him on his bed and pulled the blanket over him. He went to the batcave and found Tim already searching through everybody named Marinette and looked to see if they looked like her. After 6 hours of searching and 18 cups of coffee, Tim found her. Her name was now Marinette Dupain Cheng but looked exactly like the girl in the picture except older. It gave the minimum amount of info on her. 

Name: Marinette Dupain Cheng

Adoptive Parents: Tom Dupain and Sabine Cheng

Real Parents: Unknown

Age: 17

Date of Birth: November 17, XXXX

Lives: France

And that was it. He tried to dig deeper but go nowhere. He wasn't going to worry about that now though. He quickly gathered everybody except Damian and showed them what he had found. He felt proud of himself. They all quickly ran to Damian's room but, he wasn't there. They eventually found him painting in his art room. Tim didn't waste any time and yanked his brush out of his hand and dragged him to the batcave not caring about Damian's protests. 

He shoved him toward the computer and Damian froze. "She's alive." His voice was barely above a whisper. He quickly turned around and gave Tim a big hug. "Thank you. Thank you so fuckin' much." He quickly hugged his brother back before he decided to pull away. Damian finally broke the hug and had a small smile on his face. "And your welcome lil'd. Consider it a birthday gift." He nodded and looked back at the screen. 

Damian was happy. He knew his sister was alive. Now all they had to do was locate her. 

But, what he didn't know is that she was going to be in Gotham soon. Very soon.