Chapter-26

Rose's POV

"Wow! So this is how your room looks like!" I say as I look around Jackson's room in awe. I have never been to his house before. It's mostly because he doesn't want me to be anywhere near his father. But I would keep insisting him to take me to his house. He always chills at mine, it's just fair that I get to see his too.

"Yeah it's not that great." he says plopping on the bed. His room is pretty simple. Very simple actually. It has a single cot bed, a study table, a chair, a teeny tiny cupboard in one corner, and a window with no blinds. It hurts my heart to think of Jackson spending the nights in this despondent room. No wonder he is at my place most of the times. I feel bad about the times I would kick him out of my house when I had to prepare for my exams.

"It's not that bad either." I mumble as I straddle his waist. I place my head on his chest and hug his neck. Suddenly, we hear the front door unlock.

"The fuck?" Jackson says under his breath as he gently takes me off of him.

"Stay here." He instructs me before leaving.

"What are you doing here?" I hear Jackson asking someone in the living room.

"This is my house. Where else will I go?" I hear an intimidating voice say who I am assuming, belongs to Jackson's father.

"But you're usually not here at this time of the day." Jackson says gritting his teeth.

"Listen you mutt, this is my house and I will do as I please. You are no one to question me. You can go all alpha male on that docile girlfriend of yours' but not in my fucking house." I hear him say. I can feel chills down my spine by just listening to Mr. Black speak. If I was in Jackson's place, I would've vanished on the spot.

"Why is your bedroom door closed?"He asks walking towards Jackson's room. I gasp and step away from the door. I don't want Jackson's father to see me. The door opens with a swing and there stands Mr. Black, tall and intimidating. His eyes bloodshot and dangerous.

"So this is what you were hiding behind this door?" He asks Jackson, without taking his off of me. Jackson immediately barges into the room, standing before me, shielding me from Mr. Black's menacing glares. Jackson wraps an arm behind me, over my back and pressing me towards his back. I relax onto him and grab a fist of his t shirt out of fear.

"She just wanted-"

"To fuck you?" Mr. Black asks amused. I gasp inaudibly and lean further into his back.

"Please, don't talk like that in front of her." Jackson begs. My heart beats faster and I can feel the tears stinging at the back of my eyes. If I'm feeling this petrified I wonder what Jackson is going through.

"Ohh yes yes, I'm sorry dear Rose, or what is that you call her? Rosie?" He says, smiling evilly. I cannot see the smile but I sure can feel it when he speaks. I shut my eyes close and nuzzle my face even more on Jackson's back.

I'm never coming to this house again.

"How much is it?" I ask as I cross my fingers and look straight.

"Uhm..it's-" Jackson stutters.

"Oh just spit it out will you?" I grit my teeth.

"155 pounds." He says in one breath.

"WHAT?" I scream getting off the bathroom scale.

"It's fine it's not that much." Jackson says softly as he rubs my arms up and down.