After School

Uuuuuuuugh.....why can't school get by quickly?

I kept glancing over at the clock that hung above the door that led to freedom.

Just a few more minutes, and class was going to be over. Meaning the weekend has officially started.
I slumped on my desk, looking at the people that walked up infront of the class to talk about history.

Yup...history class was my last class of the day, then I'm free to do whatever I want...outside of school of course.

Sighing and rolling my eyes, I planted my face on my desk.
I simply wanted to go home. Is that so much to ask for?

....

"Heh...mood."

I slightly lifted my face up.

A girl beside me kept her eyes on me. She also looked bored out of her mind.

"You also wanna go home huh?" She said, blowing on a string of hair that was getting in her way.

I nodded, "yea..."

She slightly tilted her head, almost like she was scanning me.
It sorta made me feel a bit nervous.

"You're new here right?" She said.

I once again nodded.
I wasn't exactly new here anymore, but I guess that's what people refer to me as.

"Names Viney. Yours?" She asked.

"Luz" I told her.
Another friend perhaps?

"Luz...weird, but cool" she smiled.

I slightly felt my cheeks get warm. I brushed it off by sitting straight, and clearing my throat.

Before I knew it, it was almost time to leave.
Ten minutes more, and I can leave this damned place.

"Excited for the weekend?" She asked.

"Psh, of course!...ya know. I rather be doing cool stuff..like partying and...uh..kicking it with my friends."

"Really?...parties aren't really my thing."

"Oh....yeah they're overrated" I awkwardly smiled.

I played with my fingers as I spoke. It's a thing I do when I'm nervous.

"...you wouldn't happen to be busy today?"

Am I?

.....

Definitely not.

"Not at all, why?"

"Me and some of my friends are headed to the park after school. Are you interested?"
She said leaning on her chair, her arms crossed.

I'm getting invited!!!

Ok ok Luz stay calm!

BrEaTh!

....

"No...I MEAn YEs!"

"Luz!"

I felt my body tense up, by the mention of my name.

I slowly turned, and faced the teacher who was looking at me from infront of the classroom.
He didn't look all that happy.

"Miss Noceda, do you have something to say? Because in that case you can come right up here, and explain to the class what's so important."

If I could melt into a puddle of liquid I definitely would right about now...

"N-No..I was just..."