Chapter 18

A girl on the floor with a bleeding forehead, an evil drunkard at the center of the room, a crying teenager, and a superstar standing by the door.

What a scene it was.

I would never want Michael Jackson to see me and my brother in this situation, dealing with this monster--who was unfortunately our father--but the moment I saw him standing at the door, I found myself thanking the God that he came.

He stood there, my brother almost hiding behind him. The two big body guards were at the back, analyzing what was happening.

"Jane," he called. He looked at the man, and at the broken pieces of beer bottle on the floor. "What's going on?"

He was about to walk inside but I stopped him. "D-don't come! Stay there!"

"But you're bleeding."

My father's eyes widened when he recognized the man at the door. He smirked and looked at me. "Isn't this the--the Billie Jean dude?" He was pointing at Michael, sniffing as he chuckled. He looked back at Michael and shook his head in disbelief. "You gotta be fucking kidding me, it's--it's really you! Haha!"

Michael looked at him, and my father even tried fixing himself in front of him.

"Michael Jackson, wow," he said, examining him from head to toe. He was in awe. He laughed in disbelief and said, "fuck, what's the king of pop doing here?"

Confusion was obvious on Michael's face but he innocently answered, "I came to see Jane and John."

My father looked at me, his eyes wide. "Got big time friends now, huh?" He walked to me and pulled me up. "Come on, Mary Jane, get up! Don't just sit there on the floor when you have a visitor!"

I pulled my arm away from his grip, looking at him angrily.

He looked back at Michael. "Oh, I'm Jane and John's father, by the way," he said. "Sorry for my--my face, my good daughter just spat on me. Sweet, isn't she?"

Michael tried walking in again but I screamed. "Don't, please! Don't come near him!"

And that's when he seemed to realize what was happening.

"Look, I'd love to stay here and talk with--with you, but, uh." My father looked at the guards behind Michael. "I'm actually just about to leave."

"What did you do to them?" Michael asked, walking to the other side of the room with my crying brother behind him.

"What do you mean? John's crying because he missed his daddy," he said, laughing. He motioned his hand to me. "And that girl was stupid enough to hit her head on the table. Don't worry, really, they're fine."

Michael moved his eyes to me and I shook my head, my tears falling.

"You see, I have something important to do." My father sighed. "It's nice meeting you, but I need to--"

"Block the door, don't let him leave."

And the two bodyguards immediately followed the word of their boss. I saw panick started hitting the face of my evil father.

"What are you doing?" He chuckled nervously. "Get out of the door, I have a work, and--"

But the guards didn't move. The grin on my father's face faded.

"I said get out of the fucking door," he repeated. And now, he's done pretending. He looked at them with his bloodshot eyes serious. "Fucking move and let me out!"

And that's when Michael looked at me, immediately putting his hand on the side of his head resembling a telephone and mouthed, 'police'. I nodded and immediately grabbed the telephone from the nearby table but before I could even dial, my father turned to me. "What do you think you're fucking doing?!"